- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why We Absolutely Love DQ
- Finance Dr Reddy's Lab Shares Plunge 10% Post Q1 Results
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Cameroon's refugee athlete Cyrille realises Olympic dream
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To File Review Petition In Supreme Court: Know Why
- News Karnataka BJP MLAs likely to elect new CM tonight, transition to be smooth
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Swift & Dzire CNG India Launch Soon: Expected To Use 1.2-Litre Dual-Jet Engine
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced, To Be Conducted On October 3. Check Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
International Asexuality Day is an observance that falls every year on 6 April. The day highlights the sexual spectrum of asexual, demisexual and grey sexual people. It was on 31 January 2021, when the decision to observe International Asexuality Day came into existence. Today we are here to tell you more about this day.
Who Are Asexuals
Asexuals are people who feel little to no sexual attraction. These people may not be involved in sexual activities. They may have little sexual interest in their emotional partner. At times people confuse it with lack of sexual desire. However, it is more about sexual orientation.
Who Are Demisexuals
Demisexuals are people who feel sexual attraction for people they are emotionally attached to. Unless they aren't emotionally attached and develop romantic feelings for a person, they may not develop a sexual attraction or interest. These people could be gay, bisexual, pansexual, etc.
Who Are Grey Sexuals
Grey Sexuals are people who are somewhere between asexual and sexual. These people could have a sexual interest but not for a long time. They may develop sexual interest once in a while but not usually. These people may or not have a sexual history related to their current sexual orientation.
- Four themes have been decided for celebrating International Asexuality Day.
- The four themes are- Advocacy, Celebration, Education and Solidarity.
- These themes have been chosen to acknowledge the goal of celebrating the day.
- The day also highlights the courage of coming forward and accepting one's sexual identity and orientation.
- The day celebrates the spirit of those who consider themselves under the umbrella of International Asexuality Day.