- 2 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 3 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 4 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 122 Synopsis: Vikas Gupta And Shefali Jariwala Enter The House Once Again!
- News 'Entry of woman into mosque for Namaz is permitted in Islam': Muslim board to SC
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Kiran Uttam Ghosh showcases her designs based on the 'post American modernism', depicting the abstract artwork of that era.
The collection was offered in essentially black with brown, white and a patchwork of several other bright colours.
"It was actually based on post-American modernism. It is called abstract-expressionistic art. It took weighing in America in the post World War-II, which was in the late 1940s and flourished in early 1960s and it was just abstract art. You have a canvas, you take what you want to do with it and actually put New York on the map of the art world, which till now existed only in Paris. So that is what inspired me. That's when I looked into the few pictures of modern art from that period, which just inspired me," says Ghosh.
The WLIFW-AW 2010 will witness the participation of 130 designers, among which 19 are debutantes. 75 of them will present interesting shows. The event is hosted by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI).
The fashion extravaganza will feature 43 shows.