- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
'The Arcana Collection: Exceptional Illuminated Manuscripts And Incunabula', is the name of these valuable collections. It will go on sale in July by Christie's, who described it as the most valuable of its kind ever to be offered to bidders.
The 'outstanding' private collection was said to include the personal prayer books of King Francois I of France and Elizabeth de Bohun, great-grandmother of King Henry V of England.
“This is a truly exceptional collection... They are masterpieces of medieval and Renaissance art, many commissioned by important patrons," says Margaret Ford, the head of books and manuscripts at the London auction house.
“Books Of Hours, is an exceptional among the most personal artworks, offered by the Arcana Collection. Used for private devotion, they were also intended to reflect the wealth and status of the owner and leading artists and craftsmen were engaged in their creation," adds Margeret.
The Arcana collection offers the best examples of their type, ranging from Books Of Hours to works of literature and on the natural world. The beauty of the page is often complemented by the importance of the text, exceptional, original condition, and interesting, even highly distinguished, subsequent ownership.
The manuscripts has been estimated to fetch up to 16 million pounds when it goes under the hammer in London.