- 19 min ago Friendship Day: Skincare Tips For A Day Out With Your Besties On Video Chat
- 56 min ago FDCI Announces India Couture Week (ICW) 2021 Dates And List Of Designers Showcasing
- 17 hrs ago Food Combinations That Are Bad For Your Kid's Health
- 17 hrs ago Cupcake Recipe: Here’s Step-By-Step Method Of Preparing It
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Is A Visual Delight In Green In Her Latest Post, Drops An Urdu Shayari
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: India eves maintain quarterfinal hope beating South Africa 4-3
- Automobiles BGauss New Electric Two-Wheelers India Launch In 2021 — Will Be Made In India
- Technology LPDDR5X Vs LPDDR5 In-Depth Comparision: What's The Difference?
- News Jammu drone strike, LeM module: NIA raids 14 locations in J&K
- Education CBSE 12th Result 2021: Farm Labourer’s Daughter Scores 100 Percent, Aspires To Become IAS Officer
- Finance Your Demat Or Trading Account Will Be Deactivated From Today If You Don’t Do This
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
In 2010, the United Nations declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's birthday (15 October) as World Students' Day to honour his accomplishments in the field of science and technology and the stupendous role he played as a teacher throughout his scientific and political careers.
On this day, dignitaries from political parties and people from all walks of life pay homage to Abdul Kalam. Ceremonies and programmes take place in schools and colleges in his remembrance.
Millions of students across the world still consider Abdul Kalam an inspirational role model due to his hard work, sincerity, humility and positivity.
History of World Students' Day
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's strong commitment towards education made him excel in his academics and career. His ideologies were very clear and he strongly believed that to rise from being an average student, only textbook knowledge isn't sufficient and he or she should explore all the options like reading theories and understanding their practical applications.
Throughout his political and scientific career, Dr Kalam considered himself a teacher and he felt very pleased when he addressed students. He was so much inclined towards teaching and inspiring students that after quitting the post of Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government, he became a teacher.
His knowledge, writing and motivational quotes inspired many youths so much so that the UN declared his birthday as World Students' Day in 2010.
Objectives Of World Students' Day
- Students should have an aim in life, grasp knowledge from everywhere, work hard towards their goal and never accept defeat.
- Students should also focus on moulding his character so that they can become a better person.
- A student should lead a strictly disciplined life.
- An ideal student should imbibe all the good qualities and present himself as a role model for other students.