- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
National Cousins Day is celebrated on the 24th of July every year to recognize lifelong relationships- to unite families and relatives and strengthen the family and recall the significance of family bonding in our lives. Well, Indian families are large, probably too large at times and you might end up having endless cousins.
For people who are not very clear about the term 'cousin', it is referred to a person in one's wider extended family, to whom one is not closely related. Cousins are no less than siblings and probably they are the best ones with whom we share our deepest secrets and dreams.
Types Of Cousins You Will Come Across In Your Family
First, second or third cousins are cousins who are from the same generation. For example, your uncle and aunt's children will be your first cousins. The children of first cousins will be your second cousins, and the children of second cousins will be your third cousins.
History Of Cousins Day
The origin of Cousins Day remains unknown till today. While there are many theories behind how Cousins Day was started, some believe that it was started by cousins who decided to revive their bond and friendship on that day. Others claim that it was started by greeting card companies as a marketing trick to sell more cards.
How Is Cousins Day Celebrated?
There are no official celebrations for Cousins Day and neither marching bands or parades are organised to commemorate this day. However, one can celebrate cousin's day by sending them a card, calling them over telephone, or inviting them to a lunch or dinner to wish and show them how much we love and care for them. It is probably best if you live close to your cousins, you can probably gather them and take a selfie as well.
Famous Cousins And Their Relationships
1. Whitney Thore And Nathan
Whitney Thore, the actor who starred in My Big Fat Fabulous Life was dating a distant cousin.
2. H.G Wells and Isobel Mary
H.G Wells, a prolific writer from London married his first cousin Isobel Mary in the year 1981.
3. Saddam Hussein And Sajida Talfah
Saddam Hussein, the former president of Iraq was married to his first cousin Sajida Talfah in the year 1963.
4. Charles Darwin and Emma Wedgwood
Charles Darwin, an English naturalist, geologist and biologist married his first cousin Emma Wedgwood in the year 1839. The couple had 10 children together.
"Say Cheese" with your cousins today while taking pictures.
Wishing all of you a very Happy Cousins Day!