- 47 min ago Sonal Chauhan Looks Gorgeous In Her Red Anarkali Set; Find Out The Price of Her Outfit
- 2 hrs ago Mouni Roy, Kriti Sanon, And Palak Tiwari Beckon Us To Add Fresh Stunning Black Pieces To Our Wardrobe
- 4 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 24 hrs ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Finance Small Finance Banks No Longer Offer 7% Rate On Fixed Deposits: Check New Rates Here
- News COVID-19 vaccine: JP Nadda slams Opposition over 'politicising' vaccination drive
- Movies Rahul Vaidya On His Wedding With Disha Parmar: Hope To Announce The Date Soon
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M21 Prime Edition To Launch As Galaxy M21 2021: What To Expect?
- Sports Dad was my best friend, guide, mentor: Jeev remembers Milkha Singh
- Education ICAI CA Admit Card 2021 July Session Released
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
French inventor Franky Zapata succeeded in crossing the English Channel on a jet-powered hoverboard for the first time, after a failed attempt last month.
He set off on his flyboard from Sangatte on the Northern coast of France to St. Margaret's Bay in Dover on England's South coast. He had planned to make the 35 km crossing in 20 minutes, keeping an average speed of 140 km an hour at a height of 15-20 m above the water.
Zapata, a former jet ski racing champion was escorted by three helicopters, as he glided across the water in the early morning light and landed in the bay, where dozens of journalists and onlookers were waiting for him.
He has been developing his hoverboard for the past three years, despite losing his two fingers. He already holds the Guinness World Record for the farthest hoverboard flight, a 2.2 km trip over the Mediterranean Sea in April 2016.
Over the years, the English Channel has been crossed in many ways - including by hot air balloon, monoski, gondola, hovercraft, glider, parachute, and pedalo.