- 11 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 16 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 20 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Misplacing instruments in the body during surgeries is a regular scene where the patients tend to suffer from chronic pain and illness for years until the real reason is found out.
According to a survey, in one in 30 cases, surgeons tend to forget a surgical instrument or even a glove inside the patient's body. These cases are not noticed unless and until the patient suffers from a medical condition.
Here is one such case where a doctor left a surgical instrument in pensioner Ezeta Gobeeva's stomach.
The incident happened in Russia's North Ossetia region, where the pensioner had been complaining of constant acute abdominal pain ever since she underwent a C-section operation in the year 1996.
But unfortunately the doctors did not take her case seriously as they blamed it on liver problems and every time she visited the different doctors, she was only prescribed painkillers.
The woman revealed that she was only recently granted an X-ray when she repeatedly complained that the medication that she was prescribed only helped her to numb the pain. A thorough investigation revealed that the pain was caused by a surgical clamp that had lodged in her abdomen.
The stunned radiologist who first saw the clamp on the X-ray revealed that he assumed that the woman had accidentally brought the metal object into the X-ray room.
When he asked her she could not recall how the scissors landed up in her stomach. It took a while for her to realise that it must have landed in her abdomen when she underwent a Caesarean section 23 years ago!
A case was registered against the medics for negligence and the authorities assured that she would be offered financial compensation for all those years of unnecessary suffering.