- 24 min ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 50% Off On Protein Powders
- 1 hr ago Remedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- 4 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 02 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News WhatsApp bans 2.3 million Indian accounts banned in August: Report
- Finance Top 4 High-Value Large Cap Companies With Almost No Debt
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Sports Pitch invasion after football match results in over 100 deaths in Indonesia
- Movies Kantara Day 2 Box Office Collection: Positive Reviews Send The Numbers Up High
- Automobiles Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Misplacing instruments in the body during surgeries is a regular scene where the patients tend to suffer from chronic pain and illness for years until the real reason is found out.
According to a survey, in one in 30 cases, surgeons tend to forget a surgical instrument or even a glove inside the patient's body. These cases are not noticed unless and until the patient suffers from a medical condition.
Here is one such case where a doctor left a surgical instrument in pensioner Ezeta Gobeeva's stomach.
The incident happened in Russia's North Ossetia region, where the pensioner had been complaining of constant acute abdominal pain ever since she underwent a C-section operation in the year 1996.
But unfortunately the doctors did not take her case seriously as they blamed it on liver problems and every time she visited the different doctors, she was only prescribed painkillers.
The woman revealed that she was only recently granted an X-ray when she repeatedly complained that the medication that she was prescribed only helped her to numb the pain. A thorough investigation revealed that the pain was caused by a surgical clamp that had lodged in her abdomen.
The stunned radiologist who first saw the clamp on the X-ray revealed that he assumed that the woman had accidentally brought the metal object into the X-ray room.
When he asked her she could not recall how the scissors landed up in her stomach. It took a while for her to realise that it must have landed in her abdomen when she underwent a Caesarean section 23 years ago!
A case was registered against the medics for negligence and the authorities assured that she would be offered financial compensation for all those years of unnecessary suffering.
- lifeMeet Reena Varma: 90-YO Indian Visits Her Ancestral Home In Pakistan After 75 Years, Netizens Overwhelmed
- insyncWoman Replied To Rejection Mail With Meme And Landed A Job Interview!
- womenPlanning For A Solo Trip? Here Are The 10 Most Safe Places To Travel Alone As A Woman And Tips
- parents and children8 Things That A Woman's Mother-In-Law Would Want To Tell Her
- womenNetizens Applaud As Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Becomes Youngest Time Person Of The Year
- beyond loveWondering Why Women Prefer Male Best Friends Over Female Ones? Here Are 4 Reasons
- women10 Things You Can Expect If You Are All Set To Date A Strong And Independent Woman
- womenAnupriya Lakra From Odisha Is The First Tribal Woman To Become A Commercial Pilot
- healthAmid Fire Breakout In AIIMS, Doctors Helped A Woman Deliver A Baby Girl
- pulseWoman Almost Died After Uterus Ripped Open On Water Slide
- pulseMedics Discover A Foot-Long Parasitic Worm In A Woman’s Body
- pulseWoman Gets Fired For Sending An OK Emoji To Her Boss