- 2 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 2 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 3 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 18 hrs ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Movies Leaving Salman Khan Behind, Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Uri & Kabir Singh Being The Most Liked Films
- News Sidhu's resignation accepted, forwarded to Punjab Governor
- Automobiles Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Technology Samsung Wireless Power Bank: Fast-Charging Comes To Power Banks
- Sports CoA stuns BCCI, Lodha asking India captain, coach to decide on WAG travel schedule
- Finance Canada’s Brookefield To Invest Rs 25,215 Cr In Reliance’s Tower Trust
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Managing a child can be quite a task as you need to be watchful about their activities all the time.
Most of the tragedies strike when the child is mostly left unattended or while they are playing with sharp objects.
Here is one such case of a young boy who almost lost his eyesight after a pencil that he was carrying got stuck in his eye socket after he had a fall.
Check out the entire case details below.
The Incident Happened In China
According to reports, this bizarre case was reported in Southeast China. The 6-year-old boy had to undergo surgery after a pencil got stuck in his eye in a freak accident.
He Had Been Running Around With The Pencil In His Hand
It is reported that the boy had been running around with the 12 cm-long pencil at his kindergarten in Ganzhou, Jiangxi province, China when the accident happened.
The Boy Was Lucky Enough
Doctors reveal that the pencil had pierced through the bottom of his left eye. They revealed that the boy was lucky enough to have not lost his eyesight since the pencil missed his eyeball by only one millimetre.
The Surgeons Removed The Pencil
The medics revealed that if the eyeball of the boy was damaged by the pencil, then it could have led to endophthalmitis, which is a severe bacterial infection of the tissues inside the eye. As a result this could then lead to blindness or loss of the entire eye.
Glad the boy did not lose his eyesight! What is your take on this? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.