- 3 min ago Ranveer Singh Makes Not-So-Casual Fashion Statement With A Gucci Tee, Leopard Pants And A Black Hat
- 1 hr ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Priyanka Chopra, Jacqueline Fernandez, Urvashi Rautela And More
- 3 hrs ago Holi 2020: 25 Wishes, Quotes, Messages And Images To Share With Your Loved Ones
- 6 hrs ago Latest Outfit Ideas For College Girls Which Every Fashionista Must Have In Their Wardrobe
- Movies Christina Aguilera Records New Version Of The Iconic Mulan Song ‘Reflection'
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Flying Flea & Roadster Names Trademarked: New RE Motorcycles Coming Up
- News Unnao rape, murder case: Delhi court defers judgment to Wednesday
- Sports ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: India vs Sri Lanka: Shafali given freedom to play natural game: Harmanpreet Kaur
- Technology Redmi K30 Pro Design Leaked In Full Glory: Dual Pop-Up Selfie Camera Confirmed
- Finance Bharti Airtel Pays Additional Rs 8,000 Crore Towards AGR Dues
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principles For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Did you know that the pet that you own can be a banned animal in some other part of the world?
While you think it is not fair to ban these animals as pets, one needs to understand that the animals are banned as pets for a reason. One reason could be to balance the ecosystem or even to keep the locals safe from the dangerous pets that walk around freely.
With several animals being banned, it is important that you keep a track of the list of animals that are banned around the world, especially if you are someone who travels with your pet.
These musky mammals are banned pets in California, Washington, D.C., New York City. They are also banned in the rabies-free state of Hawaii.
Hamsters are cute little furballs that have become a favourite pet in recent times. Unfortunately, they are banned in California and Hawaii. The reason for banning them is believed to be how easy and quickly a population of hamsters can get out of control and possibly even damage crops if they escape into the wild.
These hybrid cats are believed to impact the endemic bird populations or even be dangerous to humans as well. Even though the breed has been around since the 1960s, these cats as pets are banned in several states and cities of India.
Hermit crabs are said to carry parasites and they negatively impact the native crabs and other crustaceans. Hence they are banned in Hawaii.
Pit bulls are mostly banned in many countries throughout the world. This is due to the laws that were spurred by the deadly attacks and deaths done by this breed of dogs.
Hedgehogs are illegal in places like Maine, Washington, D.C., Georgia, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Pennsylvania and also New York City.
Skunks have been kept as domesticated pets for over 60 years. But this pet has been banned in several states of the USA. As a result, only 17 states allow the animal to be used as a pet.
Owning a pet owl is considered to be illegal in the United States and other countries as well. On the other hand, there are some countries that issue permits to individuals to keep owls only on the basis that necessary training and proper facilities are provided to the pet.
About 4,500 primates are privately owned in the UK alone, yet the animal is banned in many countries across the world.
So did you find your favourite pet on the list?