- 5 hrs ago Erythritol: Health Benefits And Side Effects
- 5 hrs ago International Men's Day 2019: Things You Can Do To Make Your Man Feel Special
- 5 hrs ago This Winter Season, Keep Your Nail Game Strong With These Superb Trending Colours
- 7 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- News PM Modi meets Bill Gates, praises his innovative Zeal, grassroots work
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Wants The Government To Give The Artistes' Community Its Due
- Sports Davis Cup: Bopanna pulls out of tie against Pakistan due to shoulder injury
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 3GB RAM To Be Launched Soon In India: Price And Availability
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Though people are taking initiatives to save the environment, there is very little that is actually being done as the damage is already beyond repair!
There are several cases of plastic waste, coins, bottle caps etc. being found inside the stomach of seagulls, whales, fishes and other innocent animals as they cannot differentiate between the waste and real food!
This picture of a bird feeding its baby with a cigarette butt will simply break your heart.
Karen Mason is a photographer and a volunteer for the National Audubon Society. She captured a very unusual picture that is simply heartbreaking! In the picture, it is seen that the mama bird is seen feeding her baby with a cigarette butt!
The unusual incident happened when Karen was taking a stroll on St Pete's Beach. She happened to have her camera at the right moment as she captured this heartbreaking series of pictures.
She saw a black skimmer bird feeding its baby with something unusual and it did not look like a fish. She clicked a few pictures of it. She did not pay much heed to it and went home after capturing the pictures.
She revealed that she was shocked when she zoomed in the pictures and saw that the bird was actually feeding its baby a cigarette butt! She decided to share the images with various wildlife groups. She even put them up on her Facebook page as well.
Once the pictures went viral, a campaign by San Diego State University Graduate School of Public Health was started and a survey done by them revealed that a large percentage of the 5.5 trillion filter cigarettes are thrown in the environment every year.
As per the survey report, it was also found that the cigarette butts were indeed a bigger threat to our oceans when compared to plastic straws.
We should not only be scared for the wildlife as most of the times it is seen that kids often pick up the cigarette butts left on the beaches.