- 48 min ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- 59 min ago Mickey Mouse 91st Birthday: Lesser Known Facts About Disney's Most Famous Cartoon Character
- 1 hr ago Dysphagia (Swallowing Difficulty): Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 1 hr ago This Winter Season, Get Ready To Raise The Temperature With These New Hair Colour Trends
- Sports Spoiler on WWE Universal title match at 2019 Survivor Series
- Movies Tanushree Dutta Slams Channel & Neha Kakkar For Working With Anu Malik; Supports Sona Mohapatra
- Technology Reliance Jio Now Lets You Pick Landline Calls On Your Smartphone
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts FD Interest Rates By As Much As 0.15%
- News Winter Session: MP's ride bicycles, wear masks, drive e-cars to highlight air pollution
- Automobiles TVS XL 100 Retro-Fitment Kit Launched At Rs 11,237
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Have you ever imagined that injecting alcohol can save the life of an individual? Well, this is a real case of a man being saved after he was injected with 15 cans of beer!
Apparently, the medics had to transfuse five litres of beer into the man's stomach to prevent him from dying of alcohol poisoning.
Check out the details about this bizarre case of how this man was saved with 5 litres of alcohol...
The Incident Happened In Vietnam
According to the reports, the incident happened in Vietnam, and the man was treated at a General Hospital in the central Vietnamese province of Quang Tri. The doctors administered 15 cans of beer to the 48-year-old man to save his life!
The Medics Revealed
A patient named Nguyen Van Nhat is a 48-year-old man who had a blood methanol level 1,119 times higher than average when he was rushed to the hospital. He was injected with 15 cans of alcohol to save his life.
The Reason Why Doctors Used 15 Cans Of Alcohol
According to the doctors, alcohol contains ethanol and methanol. When it is consumed by the human, the liver breaks down the ethanol first. Since the patient's methanol level was constantly rising, the medics had to give him more beer to slow down the liver's processing of methanol.
The Man’s State
Apparently, the man had become unconscious when the methanol in his body had oxidised to formaldehyde, and as a result, it turned into formic acid. With this bizarre treatment on, the man was discharged from the hospital 3 weeks later!
What do you think of this case? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.