- 8 hrs ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- 9 hrs ago 4-Year-Old Australian Boy Claims He Is Princess Diana's Reincarnation
- 9 hrs ago YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- 10 hrs ago Google Celebrates NASA's Apollo 11 Anniversary With Astronaut Michael Collin's Voice in a Doodle
- Movies TBT Pic: Ranveer Singh & Ranbir Kapoor Seen Chilling Together On Tamasha Set Without Deepika!
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Automobiles Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
While organic foods are the latest fad, there is quite a risk involved at the same time as sellers tend to fool their customers by tricking them with the products.
One such is this case where sellers are fooling their buyers into buying shrimp that looks healthy and juicy. A close look at the shrimp reveals the dark practice of injecting it with gelatin!
Check out more details on the same.
A Woman Found Out Gelatin-Filled Shrimps
A woman was peeling the fresh shrimps that she had bought. She was horrified when she realised that the head of the giant tiger shrimp that she had purchased was stuffed with translucent gelatin.
This Is Not The First Instance...
According to reports, this is not the first time that the Chinese have found jelly-like substances in shrimps. It is reported that this practice has been happening in different parts of China, especially since 2012.
Injecting Gelatin Is Done For Many Purposes
Since shrimps are shrivelled and dry after defrosting, sellers tend to pump the shrimps with gelatin to make them look healthy, plumper and even fresher! On the other hand, the gelatin provides additional 20 to 30 per cent of the original weight, which adds more moolah to the sellers!
The Only Fear...
The only fear the customers are left with is to find out whether the shrimps that contain gelatin can be consumed by humans. Because, the cheap industrial gelatin is harmful for consumption.
The choice is left to the customers - whether to go ahead and still relish these shrimps or just give them up!
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.