- 2 hrs ago Labyrinthitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 2 hrs ago Can Diabetics Donate Blood? Everything You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago Q-Rious 2019: A Corporate Networking Event For LGBTQ+ Community Is Going To Be Held In Delhi
- 3 hrs ago Malavika Mohanan Makes Us Want To Up Our Dress Game With Casual Outfits
- Sports WWE Superstar Charlotte Flair takes special dance lesson from Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan - Watch
- News Sikkim State Lotteries Diwali Bumper: Small Businessman from WB wins first prize of Rs 5 Crore
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 46 - Will Mahira and Paras be the next duo to part ways in the Bigg Boss house?
- Finance Why Did Bharti Airtel Shares Gain In Trade On Friday Despite Massive Q2 Loss?
- Travel Jabalpur - A Dream Destination For All Seasons
- Technology Vodafone Idea's ARPU Declines To Rs.107 During Q2FY20
- Automobiles Jawa Perak Launched In India At Rs 1.94 Lakh: New Bobber-Style Jawa To Rival RE Classic 350
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
Google Doodle today is seen celebrating the 114th birth anniversary of Kundan Lal Saigal, who is popularly known as KL Saigal. The biggest search engine is seen marking this anniversary with a doodle of the late maestro.
KL Saigal was blessed with a sonorous voice and he had a unique singing style, which made him Bollywood's first legitimate 'superstar'.
He was an actor-singer, who appeared in over 36 films in three different languages, and he has even sung 185 songs in his 15-plus-year career.
KL Saigal was known for the gold standard for all the singing luminaries who came after him. There were many artists who even mimicked him. The list of artists included Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumar.
There are many reports that reveal Saigal was not even a trained musician. He had humble beginnings and learned music informally. He apparently sang along with his mother and other devotees at local religious shrines. He had not completed his school and even before he took his big break, he worked with odd jobs to earn a living.
He got his big break in 1932, when he was cast in three films by a film studio called "New Theatres". After this, there was no looking back for him, as he became a superstar.
He breathed his last in January, 1947.