- 7 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 8 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 8 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 9 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
One of the most anticipated movies of the year, Padmavati recently released its first poster on Twitter. Featuring Deepika Padukone as Rani Padmini, also known as Rani Padmavati, the star looked absolutely captivating and impressive in this poster.
After Bajirao Mastani's phenomenal success at the box office, we're sure that Sanjay Leela Bhansali is back with a supreme movie again. As soon as the poster of Padmavati was released, the audience was curious to know more about Rani Padmini.
So, here's everything you need to know about Rani Padmavati.
She Was A Popular Indian Queen...
Rani Padmavati was profoundly a popular Indian queen known for her bewitching beauty. Rani Padmini was the queen of Chittor and was married to Raja Rattan Singh. Back in 14th century, Raja Rattan Singh was the ruler of Chittorgarh and got married to Rani Padmini after winning the swayamvar. Padmavati was the second queen of Raja Rattan Singh.
Raghav, The Man...
Among the king's subject, there was Raghav Chetan, who deemed to be a sorcerer. Raghav Chetan was once outlawed by the King, after he was caught practising black magic. King believed practising black magic was illegal and hence he wanted him banished from the town. Enraged with humiliation, Raghav decided to take revenge from the King.
Rani Padmavati Was Introduced By Raghav
In the search of shelter, Raghav took refuge in the court of Alauddin Khilji, the Sultan of Delhi. Raghav started gaining the trust of Alauddin by working according to his guidance. He later started conversing about Rani Padmavati's mesmerizing beauty, which certainly evoked Alauddin's curiosity to meet the princess.
Alauddin Khilji Went Ahead To Meet Her...
Impressed with the words heard about Rani Padmini's charm, Alauddin Khilji decided to march to Chittorgarh along with his solider and army. A letter was sent to Rawal Ratan Singh that Alauddin Khilji would be marching to the town to catch a glimpse of Rani Padmavati's beauty. King Rawal Ratan Singh accepted the letter, as he knew rejecting this proposal would lead to war between him and the Sultan.
When Alauddin Khilji Met The Rani...
The meeting was not arranged face to face, as the queen was quite uncomfortable to come in front of Alauddin Khilji. Mirrors were set, so that Alauddin Khilji can take a glimpse of Rani Padmini's beauty. Alauddin Khilji was delighted with Rani Padmini's beauty so much that he decided not to leave without the queen. While going back to his camp, Alauddin Khilji was accompanied by Rawal Ratan Singh. He decided to grab the opportunity and kidnapped Rawal Ratan Singh.
Alauddin Khilji Wanted To Take Her Along
Later, Alauddin Khilji sent a word that if they want their king alive, Padmavati should accompany him back to Delhi. However, Padmavati did not come and the battle took place between the King and Sultan. They somehow managed to free the King. Alauddin Khilji was angry after he realized that he was tricked and hence he decided to fight against the king outside the fort.
Sultan and the King fought against each other and Chittorgarh lost the war. On the other hand, Rani Padmavati and other women decided to sacrifice their lives to protect themselves from a life of humiliation and bad treatment at the hands of the Sultan. Padmini jumped into a huge pyre first, which was followed by other ladies.
There Are Many Stories Revolving Around Her...
There are many contesting stories revolving around the life of Rani Padmavati. The Rajput society tries to hide the secrets of Rani Padmavati; while on another hand, some believe that Rani Padmavati's life is nothing but just the poet's imagination. There are no textual references in Hinduism which support the existence of the heroic queen, Padmavati, but a popular folklore composed by the Awadhi artist named Malik Muhammad Jayasi puts light on the other side of the story.