- 14 hrs ago Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- 14 hrs ago 10 Simple And Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes
- 15 hrs ago Malaika Arora And Amyra Dastur Makes Us Want To Buy More And More Dresses
- 16 hrs ago Fashion Lovers, For Sure You Will Be Stunned To See These Jaw-Dropping Couture Cakes
- News Direct links to check Madurai Kamraj University Result 2019, revaluation details here
- Technology Xiaomi's Most Expensive Smartphone Teased: Will Cost Rs. 4,80,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Automobiles Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Lord Ganesha is the Lord of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is believed to be one of the strongest Gods in the Hindu mythology.
Apart from his powers, he is known as the God of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth, but do you know that there are certain facts about Ganesha that most people are unaware of?
You May Also Like To Read: All About Swastika & Its Rich Positive History!
Here in this article, we are here to enlighten you about some of the unknown facts about everybody's favourite Lord Ganesha! So check them out...
Unknown Fact #1
According to the Shivpuran, it is said that it was Parvati's friends Jaya and Vijaya's decision to make Lord Ganesha. They had apparently suggested to Parvati that Nandi and others follow the instructions of Lord Shiva only. Therefore, there should be someone who would follow the orders of Parvati as well. Hence, it was then that Parvati decided to make Ganesha from the dirt of her body.
Unknown Fact #2
According to Shiva Maha Puran, Lord Ganesha's body colour is said to be green and red. Guess this is something that none of us knew, and hence make the idols with earth colours that mainly consist of brown.
Unknown Fact #3
It is written in Brahmavavart Puran that Goddess Parvati had kept Punyak fast for a baby boy. And as a result of this fast, Lord Krishna in said to have disguised himself as a baby boy before he came to Parvati.
Unknown Fact #4
When all the Gods were blessing Lord Ganesha, it is said that Shani Dev was standing with his head facing downwards. When Parvati had asked the reason for this act, for which he replied that if he looks directly at Lord Ganesha, then he will lose his head. But Parvati insisted and Shani Dev look at Ganesha and as a result Ganesha lost his head from his body.
Unknown Fact #5
According to the Puran, Ganesha's head got separated from his body the moment Shani Dev looked at him directly. It was at this time that Lord Shrihari flew on his Garud in north direction and it reached the river side of Pushpbhadra. It was here that a female elephant was sleeping with her newly born baby elephant. He apparently cut the baby elephant's head and put it on Ganesha's body and brought him back to life.
Unknown Fact #6
In the Purans, it reveals that Lord Shiva in anger had once attacked Surya Dev with his Trishul. Surya Dev's father got annoyed with Shiva and cursed him that the way he had harmed his son's body, one day even his son would be cut from his body.
Unknown Fact #7
One day when Ganesha was meditating, Tulsidevi was crossing through the banks of Ganges. When she saw Ganesha, she got attracted towards him. She asked him to marry her, but Ganesha refused to do so. In anger, Tulsi cursed Ganesha that he would marry soon and Ganesha in return cursed her to be a plant.
Unknown Fact #8
According to the Shiva Maha Puran, Ganesha's marriage was fixed with Riddhi and Siddhi. He had two sons - Shetra and Laabh.