- 9 min ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 23 min ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Unappetizing Post Is For All Those Who Want To Kill Their Food Cravings Right Now
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Pulls Off Her Attire Elegantly But It Is Not Quite Everyone's Cup Of Tea
- News Don’t have a choice: Govt rebuffs 5 states, unwilling to implement citizenship law
- Movies Sharmila Tagore Heaps Praises On Kareena Kapoor: ‘You Have Been Wonderful, I Wish You Stay The Same’
- Technology 4 Ways to Block Someone on Gmail
- Sports Dwayne Bravo comes out of T20I retirement, expresses his desire to play for West Indies in T20 World Cup 2020
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
We're sure you are reading this article to know about some of the interesting facts on your furry pet! Cats are amazingly active pets that are small, typically furry, and they are also a carnivorous mammal.
It is a proven fact that girls love cats and they are one of their favourite pets. But do you think most of the people who love these furry animals are aware of the facts on them?
This is why we here at Boldsky are sharing this unique piece of writing for all the Cat lovers out there!
Check out on some of the awesome facts that can simply amaze you about your favourite pet!
Did you know that a cat's hearing is better than a dog's? And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds of up to two octaves higher than a human!
The first cat in space was a French cat named Felicette (a.k.a. "Astrocat"). In 1963, France had blasted the cat into the outer space. She had electrodes implanted in her brains and sent neurological signals back to Earth. The best part was, she survived the trip!
There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approximately 40 recognized breeds.
Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe that this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.
Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs can make only about 10.
Egyptians were believed to be the first to domesticate cats, the oldest known pet cat was recently found in a 9500-year-old grave on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus.
A fact that most cat lovers would not like, but we're still sharing this, since it is a fact! Approximately 40,000 people are bitten by cats in the U.S. annually.
A cat rubs against people not only to be affectionate but also to mark out its territory with scent glands around its face. The tail area and paws also carry the cat's scent.
A cat's purr may be a form of self-healing, as it can be a sign of nervousness as well as contentment.
The most popular pedigreed cat is the Persian cat, followed by the Main Coon cat and the Siamese cat.
Wish to read more such interesting facts? Then, stay tuned to our section for more updates!