- 16 min ago Sahasrarjun (Rajarajeshwara) Temple: Architecture, Best Time To Visit, History And Significance
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 16 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- News India reports 9,062 fresh infections with 36 deaths
- Movies Raju Srivastava Health Update: Comedian's Manager Says 'Raju's Condition Is Slowly Getting Better'
- Finance Buy This Small-Cap Miniratna Stock For Target Price Of Rs 120: ICICI Securities
- Sports UFC 278: Usman vs. Edwards 2 fight card, date, timings in IST, telecast & live streaming information
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
When mother nature decides to show the world its furious side, there is very little that any human can do to stop the damage!
With so many climatic changes happening around us, we are often noticing unexpected floods and hurricanes!
Amidst all this, could you imagine of seeing an entire ocean going dry during the hurricane?
Well, this is what happened when Hurricane Irma hit the Bahamas!
Continue reading to know more...
It Started With A Tweet…
A Twitter user from Long Island, Bahamas, wrote in disbelief on her Twitter handle of what she saw. Her post read, "I am in disbelief right now... This is Long Island, Bahamas and the ocean water is missing!!! That's as far as they see #HurricaneIrma."
In The Video…
She shared the rare phenomenon of the place, in which she is seen walking on the exposed ocean floor that is all dry and covered in large shells. The shoreline was much farther than normal, exposing what is usually the ocean floor.
Another Beach Also Sucked Up!
Another Twitter user tweeted a picture in which he shared his experience of seeing another beach in the Bahamas, which was sucked up, back in its normal state 13 hours later. The shocking video also shows a dried-up beach in the Bahamas.
Yet Another Tweet…
Since the first post went viral, people have started sharing more and more experiences and videos of the same phenomenon.
According To A Meteorologist...
The pressure in a hurricane's centre is believed to be low and the hurricane Irma is so strong that it is believed to be pulling the water into its own core and, as a result, it is sucking the water from the ocean temporarily. Hence, the low pressure in the centre of the storm sucked water up into it and away from the beach.
- life12 Reasons Why You Need To Leave Behind The Grudges
- life9 Things That You Can Say To People Before It’s Too Late
- life10 Perks Of Staying Single That You Need To Know
- lifeWhat Motivates You? 6 Tips To Figure Out Your Motivation In Life
- lifeKnow What Is Guilt, Reasons Behind It And Ways To Stop Feeling Guilty
- life10 Things That Can Stop You From Achieving Your Goals
- lifeSelf-Loathing: 5 Reasons That Can Trigger Self Hate
- life16 Golden Rules To Make Your Life Happier, Peaceful And Meaningful
- lifeSimple Acts Of Kindness That Can Have A Big Impact In Your Life
- life7 Reasons Why You Need To Stop Comparing Yourself With Others
- beyond love8 Subtle Signs That Will Tell You If Your Partner Is A Creep
- life9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know