- News Chicago flights halted due to sprawling winter storm; plane slides off Kansas City taxiway
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Movies Jonty Rhodes' Reaction While Watching Gully Boy: 'I Laughed, Cried And Had Goosebumps'
- Finance SBI Slashes Recurring Deposit Rate
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Travelling is fun and getting your favourite seat is icing on the cake. But, what if you are not allowed to choose your seat, even when you do a prior booking?
Here, we are about to discuss the question as to why IRCTC does not let you choose seats. For those who do not know what "IRCTC" is, it is "Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation".
In Indian railways, one is not allowed to choose a seat according to their choice, but are instead allotted by IRCTC alone. There are many theories that a common man has for this question; but we are here to clear the air.
Find out the actual reasons that are as mentioned below...
IRCTC Is Designed In A Unique Pattern...
IRCTC ticket-booking software is designed in such a way that it will book tickets in a manner which will help to distribute the load evenly in a train.
Booking Starts With Mid-berth
To maintain a balance, the ticket booking starts from the mid-berth initially; and when all the bogies get filled, it moves on to the other seats.
Proper Balance Is Maintained
The Railways just wants to ensure that a proper balance is maintained in each coach and also the fact that the train should have an equal load distribution.
Also Read: Why Indian Currency Has Gandhiji's Picture?
Reason Why You Should Maintain Balance
Imagine when the train takes a turn, there are some coaches that face maximum centrifugal force and a few experience minimum force. This can create a high chance of derailment of the train.
Age And Gender Priority
The lower berths are either booked or reserved for women and senior citizens, while the men and young boys are alloted the upper berth. Well, this does make sense!
Well, these are the reasons as to why people are not allowed to choose seats in IRCTC. If you have any views on this, then do share them with us in the comment section below.