- Technology Jio’s Got Talent: Telco Joins Snapchat For Talent Search
- News Coronavirus outbreak: China urges citizens to delay foreign travel over virus fears
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz & Sidharth Shukla To Compete In Mall Task; Here's When It Will Be Held!
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Bengaluru FC sign Nili Perdomo on loan from Platanias FC
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India: Will Debut At Auto Expo
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Cut As Crude Oil Slips To 3-Month Low On Coronavirus Scare
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
If you have never been to Atta Galatta then never complain about the art and culture scene in Bangalore. This cafe is not only a bookstore with a focus on Indian vernacular writing, it also plays host to literary and cultural events.
Located near Jyoti Nivas College in the midst of bustling Koramangala, 5th block, this place has a scrumptious menu which you can experience while you enjoy the events. Atta means dough in Hindi and play in Kannada and Galatta stands for racket, hence this bookstore and cafe’s name’s a fusion of sorts. There’s a separate Atta Galatta bakery at Bommasandra Industrial Estate and from the bookstore or from supermarket chains you can buy a range of Atta Galatta breads.
From the menu, a plate of Smileys will cheer your mood and if you are longing for something different, you must experience the Roast Chicken Sandwich or the Garden Fresh Sandwich. You can order for the juicy Chicken Burger, the delicious Paneer Burji Sandwich or the Masala Pav. Try the Freshly Baked Treats like Lemon Tarts, Brownies, Chocolate Cupcakes, Cake Pops and we recommend the Filter Coffee and Black Coffee at the place while you read a book or spend time with your friends. Cost for two should be around Rs 300 for experiencing favourites from the menu.
The helpful Atta Galatta staffs make sure that the foodie or the reader enjoys a quality service and ambience. The place apart from promoting original Indian writing also hosts lots of discussions with authors who come from various literary backgrounds. On weekends the place is packed with aspiring writers, professionals and veteran artists who share their thoughts with the authors, hosts and other curious visitors. Frequent workshops have turned this place into a learner’s oasis in Bangalore.
There are events happening this month like Bangalore Storytelling Society Meetup with its theme being Crisis. Then there’s Let Poetry Be’s – Formula Verse based on poems that revolve around Mathematical or Science concepts. There’s a very interesting writing workshop called The Translation Equation which deals with understanding the process or method of translation in order to write better. Do not miss a play called “That Night” or the Ramayana and Mahabharata Quiz for Children. These are some of the highlights lined up for an action packed September at Atta Galatta.
The event calendars and details can be found on Atta Galatta official website and Facebook page.