- 36 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
A positive work environment is something that we all like to have in the workplace. However, it is not easy to make the work environment positive when your co-workers have uncomfortable discussions. We all are guilty of small crimes. When your boss gives you your salary letter, he/she usually says, 'Please keep it confidential'. However, we all discuss our salary with our colleagues.
Can you discuss your salary with your colleagues without causing any problems? The answer is a firm 'no'. Salary discussions are uncomfortable and always end up badly. When you discuss salary with your colleagues you are in a way, gossiping.
Here are some reasons why you should not tell your co-workers your salary.
Disturbs your peace of mind
When you come to know that your co-worker gets more money than you, you will be mentally disturbed. This will affect your work and your performance will go down. So, your chances of getting an increment will also get screwed.
When your best friend fails, you feel bad for him/her. But when your best friend comes first, you start feeling bad for yourself. Your colleagues are also like your friends. So, when when you come to know that your best friend at work got a stellar increment and you didn't, it is bound to scar your friendship.
Salary is a topic that totally polarises people. There are bound to be comparisons and eventually these bipolar comparisons do not lead to any good conclusion. Comparing your salary with your colleagues is not the best way to know your worth. Learn your market rate by speaking to other professionals and appearing for a couple of job interviews.
You can tell your salary to your colleagues, but it will eventually only lead to negativity. So why would you even go there.
These are some reasons why you should not discuss your salary with your co-workers.