- 12 hrs ago Ileana D'Cruz, Tara Sutaria, And More Have Stunning Fashion Goals For Us
- 13 hrs ago 10 Best Quadriceps Exercises To Strengthen Your Thighs
- 13 hrs ago National Press Day 2019: Know What It Is And Why Is It Observed
- 13 hrs ago International Day Of Tolerance 2019: Know About The Date, History And Significance Of The Day
- Technology Week 46, 2019 Launch Roundup: Sharp AQUOS V, Realme X2 Pro, Vivo S5, Motorola Razr And More
- Movies Vaani Kapoor On Taking It Slow And Steady In Bollywood And Keeping Insecurities At Bay
- News Jharkhand Polls: Cong fields Gourav Vallabh against CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East
- Sports Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I: Janat picks 5/11 as Afghanistan level series against West Indies
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
As we are aware, cigarette smoking is known to cause numerous types of cancers and is the single largest cause for cancer deaths. Although such is the case, cigarette sales are massive sources of revenue for some of the top governments in the world.
Having said this, it makes us wonder what makes cigarette smoking so popular. Well, for all those who smoke, there are many interesting facts about cigarette smoking you'd definitely want to know. Every one of these facts is certain to take your breath away.
Let us look at some fascinating facts about cigarette smoking.
The American brands:
This has to be among the most fascinating facts about cigarette smoking. The American brands Camel, Marlboro, Kool and Kent control almost 70 percent of the world cigarette market.
The cigarette industry is one of the largest industries in the planet. Worth a whopping 400 billion dollars, cigarettes are the most widely traded commodities in the globe. Over one trillion cigarettes are sold each year across the globe.
The nicotine in cigarettes:
Studies have divulged that the quantity of nicotine in cigarettes has seen a progressive rise. In fact, the ascent in nicotine quantity in cigarettes is steady even today. Nicotine, known to be among the most addictive drugs in the world, has the characteristic of inducing progressive addiction in humans. Meaning, if you have been smoking a cigarette that has a certain level of nicotine, you most probably won't suddenly settle for one that has a lesser degree of nicotine.
Urea in ciggarettes. Weird, don't you think?
If you didn't know this for a fact, urea is used in cigarettes to add flavour. Wierd, isn't it?
How many years have you lost?
Answers to this question cannot be proved with absolute certainty. But going by credible research studies, scientists state that an average smoker will lose approximately 8 years of his life.
The presence of nicotine
Well, here is perhaps one of the most interesting facts about cigarette smoking. For smokers, nicotine is found in almost every part of the body, including breast milk. Once inhaled, it takes just about 8-10 seconds for nicotine to reach the brain.
Are you diabetic? Beware of the sugar content
Sugar makes up for about 20 percent of every cigarette. Many people aren't aware of this critical fact. So diabetics, beware of the secret intake of sugar.
WHO statistics claim that a staggering 25 percent of cigarettes produced are smuggled to other countries and sold.
The immune system:
The immune system of smokers normally has to work harder, owing to the number of toxins that enter the blood. The body of smokers generally contains lesser quantities of anti-oxidants owing to the presence of numerous toxins. However, smokers have a better capacity to avert common diseases owing to a faster response from the immune system.