- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
An art connoisseur would spend thousands of dollars to get that fine painting hanging on the wall of his house. He/she just loves the feel of being surrounded by art.
You may have noticed a lot of paintings on display by famous painters in art houses, cafes, local art shops etc. People can talk volumes on good paintings and art.
Have you ever bought a piece of art for which you have spent a lot of money? But, do you think that just because you spent so much on that art piece, it is famous?
Well, the answer is no. Not every expensive painting is famous. It can be good but not necessarily famous. Fame, in the true sense, has been attained by only a few paintings till date. They are splendid pieces of art which have been preserved in museums.
Very rarely are these most famous paintings in the world sold. In fact, you will see that they are never sold because they should be available to one and all for viewing, to seek inspiration and so on.
Let's talk of some such paintings which have attained fame and are being preserved by the museums across the globe.
Birth of Venus
A painting drawn by Sandro Botticelli, in the year 1485-87, depicts how the Greek Goddess Venus emerged from the sea on a shell. This has been inspired from the myth surrounding her birth. The origin of this painting is still uncertain. At present, you can find this painting in the Uffizi gallery of Florence.
This is indeed one of the most famous and beautiful paintings ever created. It's been created using 250 oil paints by the much lauded French painter Claude Monet. It's inspired by Monet's very own flower garden. Most of his artistic works were inspired from his flower garden. You can see these paintings across museums of the world.
The most popular paintings in the world includes this one for sure: The Scream. A series of expressionist paintings drawn by Edvard Munch, a Norwegian artist, it shows a completely agonized figure with the blood red sky in the backdrop. A lot many versions of The Scream were created by the artist and are on display across art galleries and museums in the world.
Girl With Pearl Earring
The Dutch version of Mona Lisa, that's how this painting is known. It was painted by Johannes Vermeer. Not much is known about this painter or the exact date of this painting. It was probably never meant to be a conventional portrait.
One of the most popular paintings in the world is by Rembrandt van Rijn, the famous Dutch painter! What you see is a city guard, being led by Captain Frans Banning Cocq and his lieutenant, Willem van Ruytenburch, moving out of a door. Coated with varnish to depict the night scene brilliantly! Currently you can see the painting resting in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.
If you are into art, you would have definitely heard of this one. It's a brilliant depiction of war and the sufferings inflicted on the people. Pablo Picasso, one of the most popular painters of the world, has created this beauty. You will find the painting in Museo Reina Sofia in Madrid.