- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Booze happens to be the most desired pass time for the young people. Drinking has become the most loved way to celebrate happiness, kill boredom or to even fight depression. But whatever be the case humans invented various drinks and made sure that we had a good time with booze.
The experiments with booze resulted in the most amazing drink invented by humankind - cocktail. Cocktail is a treat for all the modern drink lovers. Be it bloody mary, mojito or pina colada, cocktail is the most loved drink of all.
Interestingly, with the invention of cocktails, the legends about the various cocktails also became popular. These legends are weird yet extremely fun to know about. So, here we present the legend behind the most popular cocktails of the world.
Bloody Mary has the 'bloody' look because it is made of tomatoes, vodka and spices. The story behind this cocktail is very interesting. Apparently some people attribute at least the name of the drink to Queen Mary, who is known for her brutal attempts to return Catholicism to England. It is believed that the tomato juice is supposed to represent blood.
A Manhattan is basically a Martini. A Manhattan consists of whiskey, vermouth, bitters, and is often served with a maraschino cherry. It is said that when Winston Churchill's mother was staying in US, she used to consume this drink which was invented to suit her sweet tooth.
This cocktail is a treat for those who love their booze with coffee! The story goes like this: Once a flight got delayed in Ireland and the bartender mixed whiskey with coffee in an attempt to keep the passengers warm. The drink became an instant hit with the people and got the name, Irish coffee.
A mojito is a rum based cocktail made with mint leaves, lime juice, sugar and soda. According to the stories, Mojito was found to be a great cure for scurvy among the sailors of Cuba. Hence this drink is extremely popular among the sailors.
This is a very popular drink made with pineapple juice, rum and coconut. The cream of coconut is the most spectacular ingredient used in preparation of this drink. Once a businessman named Don Ramon Lopez who owned a factory of coconut cream, handed over the cream to bartenders and asked them to experiment. Eventually one of the bartenders hit upon the best combo and the rest is history!
Cosmo is a vodka based cocktail, loved by women. Legends say that this drink was created by the gay community of Massachusetts.