- 10 hrs ago Padma Awards 2022 Winners: Complete List Of Recipients Of The Prestigious Government Honour
- 12 hrs ago Expert Opinion: Mental Health And Behavioural Issues In Female Victims Of Violence Or Sexual Assault
- 21 hrs ago Pisces Horoscope 2022: Yearly Astrological Predictions About Life, Love, Career, Health And More
- 22 hrs ago Neglected Infectious Diseases May Be Tomorrow's Pandemic: Bharat Biotech Chief Dr Krishna Ella
- Technology Amazon Accessories Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Data Cards, Hard disk, Mouse, And More
- News Tatas take first step in Air India, to introduce ‘enhanced meal service’ in 4 flights on Thu
- Movies Melody Song Of The Year From Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata Will Be Out On February 14
- Sports India ODI, T20I Squads Against WI: Rohit to lead, Kuldeep, Bishnoi in; Bumrah, Shami rested, Ashwin dropped
- Finance Motilal Oswal Recommends To Buy This Technology Stock For 29% Return
- Automobiles Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Today (December 9th) is celebrated as the National Pastry Day. It is one of those days which is celebrated across the world with almost everyone indulging in their favourite pastries and lovely dessert toppings. Most of those people who tend to divert their attention from those lovely pastries are those who are conscious of their weight. But, let us assure you that indulging in that yummy pastry once in a while is worth it. And your body needs that little pleasure of rich cream and soft cake especially to celebrate this lovely day.
In accordance to National Pastry Day origin, it is said that these delicious pastries were originally made by the Egyptians. These delicious pastries have been prepared since 2600 B.C where the Egyptians made doughnut like pastries out of the two main ingredients out of flour and honey, and then it is dipped in red wine. These lovely pastries are spread to all parts of the Europe and chefs from around the world prepare their own recipes and experimented with new techniques to treat ones taste buds.
The pastry is a name which is given to various kinds of baked products which is made from ingredients like flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder, and eggs.These pastries are small cakes which are made from a stiff dough that is enriched with healthy fat. Pastries contain a filling of various sweet or savoury ingredients.
Celebrate National Pastry Day by also knowing about these fun facts.
- It is said that the word pastry comes from a middle English word which means paste.
- All around the world the popular fillings of pastries which is utterly enjoyed are egg and bacon, apples, figs, jam, egg, currants etc. However, in most parts of India, people always turn to the sweeter side.
- It is also believed that housewives in the Middle East sometimes marked their husband's initials on the left-hand side of their pastry casing. It was considered to be a sign of love.
These are three facts about your favourite pastries. If you want to make this National Pastry Day all the more special, here is one pastry recipe you need to try out. Take a look.
- cakes bakesChristmas Recipes: How To Make Festive And Healthy Zucchini Cake Without Maida Or Sugar
- trends n styleFashion Lovers, For Sure You Will Be Stunned To See These Jaw-Dropping Couture Cakes
- cakes bakesMouth-watering Black Forest Cake Recipe [Video]
- cakes bakesDelicious Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti [Video]
- sweet toothYummy Chocolate Recipes You Should Try
- pulseHilarious Wedding Cake Fails
- cakes bakesAll That You Need To Cook For Your Love!
- cakes bakesValentine's Day: Mouth-Watering Choco Lava Recipe That Will Send You To Food Heaven
- cakes bakesEasy Strawberry Cake Recipe
- cakes bakes7 Muffins To Chomp Into This Evening
- cakes bakesChristmas Plum Cake Recipe
- cakes bakesBake Cakes For Mother Mary’s Feast