- 17 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Esha Gupta Sets The Ramp Ablaze With Her Bold Gown
- 12 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Inclusivity Was Promoted With This Body Positive Fashion Show
- 13 hrs ago Janamashtami 2019: How Lord Krishna’s Stories Can Help Your Child Become A Better Person
- 13 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Opening Show: Celebs In Glam Avatar For Manish Malhotra's Show
- Movies Comali Worldwide Box Office Collections Week 1: Jayam Ravi’s Film Hits The Jackpot
- Technology Buying Guide – Avail Up To Rs. 30,000 Discount On Best Gaming Laptops On Amazon
- News Twitter outrage in India, 2,764 complaints recorded
- Sports Cummins replaces Paul in West Indies squad for India Test
- Finance SEBI To Provide Rs 1 Crore Reward And Hotline Access To Insider Trading Informants
- Automobiles Kia Seltos Launching Tomorrow In India: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Launch
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
As independence day is approaching near, it is time to talk about the patriot, Mahatma Gandhi. Commonly called as Bapu, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, is a Hindu patriot who led the Indian nationalist movement, and fought for Indian Independence.
Mahatma Gandhi became popular for his non-violence philosophy. However, five months after attaining independence, the patriot was gunned down by a Hindu extremist in Delhi. As we all are geared up to celebrate 67th Independence day in India, we would like to share some amazing facts about the Indian patriot Mahatma Gandhi.
Amazing Facts About Mahatma Gandhi:
- Mahatma in Sanskrit means a great soul.
- If you think that Mahatma Gandhi was outspoken and courageous, then it is not true. In his autobiography, it is stated that Gandhi was very shy in his childhood.
- He was named the Man of the Year in 1930 by Times publication.
- Gandhi was engaged to Kasturba at the age of 7. The teen couple tied the knot when he was 13-year-old.
- One of the amazing facts about Mahatma Gandhi is, there is no link between Indira Gandhi and Bapu. There are myths due to the common surname, Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi had an Irish accent when he spoke in English. This is because one of his teachers was an Irishman.
- At the death of Mother Teresa, the same gun carriage was used that was used for Gandhi's funeral.
- Mahatma Gandhi used to wear false teeth only to eat his meal. He otherwise cleaned them and kept in his loin cloth.
- When he was working in South Africa, Mahatma Gandhi earned fifteen thousand dollars!
- Gandhiji loved his mother tongue, Gujarati. He wrote his autobiography in Gujarati which was later translated into English by his personal assistant, Shri Mahadev Desai.
These are few amazing facts about Mahatma Gandhi you must know before celebrating this Independence Day.