- 2 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 3 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 4 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 122 Synopsis: Vikas Gupta And Shefali Jariwala Enter The House Once Again!
- News 'Entry of woman into mosque for Namaz is permitted in Islam': Muslim board to SC
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Rashmi Singh is a famous author of Back to School@30, Taming the Restless Mind, Love's Journey and The Fallen Love. She is also a personality Development Trainer who is based at Faridabad, near Delhi. Here is an exclusive interview with the contemporary author.
Is 'Love's Journey' a real life story? What inspired you to write this story?
It is a fiction and has been greatly inspired by ‘a real life' story of someone I know. As a Counselor I realized that a woman, of any origin, has immense struggle in her life. As far as ‘inspiration' part, you can say, ‘life' it has been one whole package of inspiration for me as whatever I write, always has a tinge of truth in it.
Who is your favourite author?
My favourite author is Jane Austen. The way she knits her stories around society's trivial problems and makes them exquisitely interesting is truly amazing. I have also read a lot of Shivani's novels in Hindi during my teenage days.
Which book has influenced your life the most?
I have read Gandhi, Nehru to Historical books at the same breath but you can say life itself has taught me many things. The ‘book of life' has influenced my writing the most.
What inspired you to opt writing as a career?
Writing is my passion and I have been writing since I was 3 or 4 years of age. This is a separate journey very close to my heart.
Back to school @30 is your upcoming book. Tell us a little more about it.
‘Back to School @30' is my second non-fiction and fourth book. Back to School@30 is written for men and women in their thirties and beyond, struggling with their lives. Work culture, social values, financial stability, all have added immense pressure on people of this age thus ruining their emotional stability and conscientiousness. At this age they feel like ‘they should be sent back to some kind of classroom to hone, polish and discipline their lives and personality'.
Any message that you would like to spread through your new book?
I want the Readers to introspect their callous, negligent, and rash behavior. I want them to realize that they are real humans and should behave like one and not machines!
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Yes, my critics!(laugh). The language which I use in my fiction been criticised. But I am grateful to them. Have the guts to accept what is happening around you. Writing in a subtle way is certainly not ‘my cup of tea'. I am very bold in my approach and writing but at the same time I delve into the human mind also...
Any future projects?
Currently I am working on my 5th book, a historical fiction of 647A.D. It is a very intense story which blossomed among the wars during Pulkasein 2 of Western Chalukya's reign. This novel will show how liberated and skilled women were in medieval India and will be out by the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014.