- Sports ISL: Hyderabad peg Mumbai back with late penalty
- Movies Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji Actress Sejal Sharma Commits Suicide; Jasmin Bhasin Expresses Shock
- News 23-yr-old Indian origin student stabbed in Canada battles for life
- Automobiles Maruti Sales Milestone: Company Registers Over 5 Lakh Units In Collective Sales Of BS6 Units
- Technology SpaceX Aims For Reusability With Crew Dragon; Plans To Catch Spaceship In A Net
- Travel 7 Popular Indian Landmarks To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance 5 Best International Equity Mutual Funds In India
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
On national bird day (January 5th) millions of adherents celebrate through studying birds, watching flight of birds, singing bird songs etc. Another very important aspect of the national bird day is the bird adoption. A special brief on how to take care of birds will be given for the bird owners on January 5th by bird care experts. The very reason for dedicating a day for these feathered friends is because nearly 12 percent of the world's bird species is facing extinction within the next century.
Birds play a major role in balancing the ecosystem so it is important to educate people on the illegal bird trade, bird disease and many other problems that are leading to the extinction of these flying creatures. Meanwhile, In the united kingdom, the national bird day is celebrated on January 22nd. Also, the international migratory bird day is celebrated in the US and Canada in the month of May and in Latin American Countries in the month of October.