- 3 min ago Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- 5 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 19 hrs ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 19 hrs ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- News Ayodhya in tizzy following hoax bomb threat
- Sports Soldier of his country: Iran's Olympic champion shooter is hospital nurse too, served in COVID wards
- Finance Gratuity Act 1972: Here’s All You Need To Know About Nomination Rules
- Movies Yashika Anand Meets With An Accident; Critically Injured
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
In the last ten years, Child had been in ten accidents and he had to fight to clear his name in every case, after being accused of being at fault. He had suffered from whiplash, severe bruising all over the body and even a torn shoulder ligament. He has also had to fork out for more than 4,500 pounds for the repairs of his cars and bike.
The catalogue of disasters started on January 24th 1999, when a woman pulled out and drove into the passenger side of his VW Golf as he drove across a roundabout. Child says that he had been driving since he was 18, for 28 safe years. He says that he had never been accused of even a collision, till that incident. But he did not think that it will be a shower of accidents that awaited him in the nearby future.
The 45 years old mechanical design engineer from Milton Keynes, claims himself as Britain's unluckiest motorist. He says that he is scared to leave home, as he has even been moved down on a zebra crossing.
"I've seen my doctors so many times now after crashes I've told them I'm allergic to cars," reveals this cursed motorist.
To add to his woes, the tragic autoist was made redundant from his job at Jaguar in Warwickshire last year.
"I used to cycle 25 miles in the evening after work to clear my head, but I've given that up now. It's just not safe to cycle on the roads anymore. I still can''t work out why this keeps happening to me," says this out-of-luck person.
Colour-blind Child could clear his name in nine out of the ten disputes but is still fighting a legal battle from an incident which happened in March, last year.
Now he hopes that his luck is finally about to change as he has now received a job offer from the company he was working with. He will return to Jaguar later this year.
"It's great news getting my job back. I hope this means my luck is turning. After everything that's happened to me, I'm lucky to be alive," adds Child.