- Technology Amazon Great Deals On Mi Smartphones: Offers and Discounts On Redmi Note 8, Redmi K20 Pro And More
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Chirag Shetty, Adcocks take Pune to second consecutive win
- News CAA: Applications must give proof of religion to get Indian citizenship
- Movies Rakshit Shetty Is All Set To Resume The Shoot Of 777 Charlie From January 29
- Finance Post Office Increase Minimum Balance For Savings A/c To Rs. 500
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
He was fascinated by spiritualism after the death of his son Kingsley, killed in the Battle of the Somme.
The painting called 'The Rearguard', depicts the spirits of Australians killed in the Gallipoli campaign in the First World War.
The 'psychic" oil painting, captures the beach at Gallipoli, where thousands of Australian and allied servicemen died in 1915.
After a visit to Menin Gate memorial in Flanders, Longstaff was inspired to create this painting. The painting was later bought by Conan Doyle in 1928.
He complimented the painting saying, "It is one of the most remarkable pictures I have ever seen."
The painting is now put on auction Bonhams auctioneers in an Australian sale in June and is expected to fetch 12-24,000 pounds.