- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 10 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 10 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Most of the people, who failed in their plans turned their attention to the downside of not achieving the target and turned to misleading self-help gurus, which almost appeared to guarantee disaster. Self-help experts frequently recommend many of these ideas but our results suggest that they simply don't work. If you are trying to lose weight, it's not enough to stick a picture of a model on your fridge or fantasise about being slimmer.
If you do it on the spur of the moment, it probably doesn't mean that much to you and you won't give it your all. Failing to achieve your ambitions is often psychologically harmful because it can rob people of a sense of self-control. Those with more realistic and smaller goals had an average success rate of 35 percent, the study found.
Psychologist Richard Wiseman, University of Hertfordshire, and colleagues quizzed 700 people about their strategies for achieving New Year goals. The research further found that those who did fulfil their promises to themselves divided their goal into smaller steps and treated themselves on each of their achievements. Wiseman further cautioned against last minute resolutions that he said were likely to end up in the dump.