- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Most of the people, who failed in their plans turned their attention to the downside of not achieving the target and turned to misleading self-help gurus, which almost appeared to guarantee disaster. Self-help experts frequently recommend many of these ideas but our results suggest that they simply don't work. If you are trying to lose weight, it's not enough to stick a picture of a model on your fridge or fantasise about being slimmer.
If you do it on the spur of the moment, it probably doesn't mean that much to you and you won't give it your all. Failing to achieve your ambitions is often psychologically harmful because it can rob people of a sense of self-control. Those with more realistic and smaller goals had an average success rate of 35 percent, the study found.
Psychologist Richard Wiseman, University of Hertfordshire, and colleagues quizzed 700 people about their strategies for achieving New Year goals. The research further found that those who did fulfil their promises to themselves divided their goal into smaller steps and treated themselves on each of their achievements. Wiseman further cautioned against last minute resolutions that he said were likely to end up in the dump.