- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News NTA UGC NET answer key 2019: Result date and how to raise objections
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The most interesting skeleton n display was of a great Indian baleen whale (acquired in 1874). It is suspended from the centre of the ceiling in the hall of general zoology.
The purpose is to create awareness among the public about various animal species.
"The best part about this museum is the animal centre, where they preserve real animals and birds. They are so realistic and they are better than whatever we see in our textbooks. It is a must for every science teacher and every school to bring the children to this museum because it is far more different from what we do in our classrooms," said Shreya Sudesh, a student.
Such exhibitions are educative. It is different from the monotonous method of learning from the book. Children remember things better when they see and experience it. Therefore it is a very good way of spreading awareness.
The Tami Nadu government museum in Chennai is one of the oldest and second largest multi purpose museum in India.
It boasts of a rich heritage since its inception in 1851 as a museum of practical geology. It grew to include disciplines like natural archaeology,history,zoology to preserve the dead species for further studies and museum displays.