- Sports Wanted to use short-ball strategy against Virat Kohli to keep him in check: Trent Boult
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Stuns In Black At Blenders Pride Fashion Tour, Pays Tribute To Wendall Rodricks
- News Missing 6-year-old girl found dead near dargah in UP's Bahraich
- Technology How To Overclock Your Android Device For Enhanced Performance
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
This is a step taken to encourage the usage of renewable energy, which enables the fridge to switch on and off by themselves in order to maintain the temperature between 2 to 4 degree.
The device developed by engineer Sam West and team, connects all the fridges in an area electronically. The machines 'communicate' with each other as well as the renewable energy source and decide on the best time to either turn 'on' the compressor and cool themselves.
According to the sunny or cloudy weather conditions, the fridge switch themselves 'on' or 'off'. This could be a breakthrough in the field of renewable energy and the engineer Sam West, who helped develop the device at CSIRO's research centre in Newcastle is very excited about it.
"A lot of people are surprised to hear that they can use (their fridge) for this kind of storage, usually they're pretty interested," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted West, as saying.
However the major challenge for the machine remains its reliability, but West has already suggested methods to store renewable energy. The 'green fridge' manages utilize the stored thermal energy or the cold. The organization is positive about its trial version and predict that such a feature would soon become a thing of common use in the near future.