- News 21-year-old student dies after being hit by train while clicking selfies
- Technology Nokia 9.2 PureView Featuring Snapdragon 865 SoC To Launch In 2020
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: Nadal and ATP stars mourn passing of Lakers legend
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
K Subramanya, CEO of TATA BP Solar, and Rene Penning de Vries, CTO of NXP Semiconductors today also disclosed that the two companies have signed a Letter of Intent to roll out the electronics controls products starting 2010. Both companies are looking at a long-term partnership that will see the development of a range of products.
Mr. Subramanya commented that, "We are very pleased to partner with NXP on the development of this small, but exciting range of products. Given the high level of sunlight all over India and in view of the country's ever increasing power demands, solar power is an economically efficient and environmentally sustainable source of energy for India. We look forward to introducing these products to a substantial number of households over the next three to five years."
Mr. Penning de Vries added, "This kind of innovation is a perfect example of how the semiconductor industry is moving away from following the path of Moore's Law. We're not simply building faster and more complex systems, we're now looking at inventive and very innovative ways to reduce power consumption and move the semiconductor industry to a whole new level. "
About TATA BP Solar
TATA BP Solar is a leading solar company. Established in 1989, Tata BP Solar is a Joint Venture between Tata Power Company, a pioneer in the power sector and BP Solar one of the largest Solar Companies in the world. Over the years, Tata BP Solar has built on this rich lineage to become one of the largest Solar Companies in Asia. Tata BP Solar uses state-of-the-art technology to offer high quality, innovative solar solutions that cater to the needs of individual customers, large institutions as well as entire communities. News from TATA BP is located at http://www.tatabpsolar.com/
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP is a leading semiconductor company founded by Philips more than 50 years ago. Headquartered in Europe, the company has about 29,000 employees working in more than 30 countries and posted sales of USD 5.4 billion (including the Mobile & Personal business) in 2008. NXP creates semiconductors, system solutions and software that deliver better sensory experiences in TVs, set-top boxes, identification applications, mobile phones, cars and a wide range of other electronic devices. News from NXP is located at www.nxp.com.