- 7 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 10 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 11 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The list includes:
Sri Lankan opera singer, Kishani Jayasinghe, the first South Asian soprano to sing at the Royal Opera House, was declared the winner in the arts and culture category.
Veera Johnson, CEO, Procserve, an electronic procurement solutions and services company, was declared Business Woman of the Year, while Christina Vaughan, the first non-American to be voted on to the Picture Agency Council of America board, was declared Entrepreneur of the Year.
Riz Lateef, BBC London News, one of the key figures in the coverage of the 2008 mayoral elections, was declared Media Professional of the Year.
The Social and Humanitarian Award went to Shaista Gohir, a member of the National Muslim Women''s Advisory Group.
The Young Achiever award went jointly to Neev Ranu, a DJ, whose radio show on Kiss 100 attracts 607,000 listeners and has been nominated twice for the Asian Music Awards; and Rehana Azib, a barrister, who has studied law at Oxford University and is a scholar at Inner Temple.
Dr Sunita Verma, a dentist, she set up Sparkle Dental Boutique, a multi-award-winning private practice in west London, was declared Professional of the Year.
The Public Sector award went to Vicki Treadell, Britain's Deputy High Commissioner in Mumbai, a diplomat with 30 years of experience in policy and service delivery roles.
Prince Charles received the Global Empowerment award from the event's founder Pinky Lilani, an Indian-born author and entrepreneur.