- News Lingayat seer Basaveshwara Swamiji dies as two cars collide head-on
- Technology Nokia 9.2 PureView Featuring Snapdragon 865 SoC To Launch In 2020
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: Ronaldo joins Messi in hailing a 'true legend'
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
It would be an interesting enquiry when one probes to find out where and when civilization started. However the Russians claim that they are the pioneers on the planet to cultivate land, breed cattle and make earthenware.
The Russian archeologists ground their opinion on a 15,000-year-old hunters" settlement on the bank of the Amur River in Khabarovsk which made them conclude that Russian tribes inhabited Khabarovsk Region in the Stone Age.
Khabarovsk is the administrative center and the largest city of Khabarovsk Krai, Russia, located about 30 km from the Chinese border.
The press TV report said that stone axes, knives, scrapers, arrowheads and baked earthenware have been unearthed in the area.
"It was the first earthenware on the globe, and though it was primitive, with plain decoration, and poorly baked, yet it was a significant landmark in the history of mankind," said Andrei Malyavin, an employee of Khabarovsk Archeology Museum.
Of the first steps towards an organized living was firing shaped clay. However the production of earthenware reveals that the group had advanced to specialization beyond simple farming.
The report thus invariably states that Russia could have been the first to bake clay into earthenware.