- Movies Love Aaj Kal Song Haan Main Galat: Kartik Aaryan And Sara Ali Khan's Party Track Has A 'Twist'
- Automobiles Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.22 Crore
- Technology Apple Might Launch Its Online Store In H2 2020: Report
- News Banned by 3 airlines, Comedian Kunal Kamra claims he approached Arnab Goswami on flight again
- Sports Badminton star Saina Nehwal joins BJP
- Finance Health Insurance Policies Issued By Merged Banks To Remain Valid
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
May 1st is also known as May Day, International Worker"s Day or Labour Day. As a day of celebration, however, May Day has ancient origins and can relate to many customs that have survived into modern times. The day is celebrated as Labour Day to acknowledge the social and economic achievements of labor movement. The international worker"s day has its origins in the eight hour day movement, which advocated eight hours for work, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest. In this article we will discuss some of the interesting facts about May 1st.
The earliest May Day was a traditional summer holiday in many pre-Christian European pagan cultures.
In England, traditional English May Day rites and celebrations include Morris dancing, crowning a May Queen and celebrations involving a Maypole.
The event involves thousands of motorbikes taking a 55-mile (89 km) trip from the south of London to Hastings Seafront.