- 1 hr ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 1 hr ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 1 hr ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 2 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Sports U-17 women's tourney: India lose 0-3 to Sweden
- Movies Taimur Ali Khan Wants Two Birthday Cakes Reveals Mum Kareena Kapoor!
- News Pak criticises India for slamming PM Imran's comments on citizenship act
- Technology 4 Ways to Block Someone on Gmail
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
There are many books in the world that had imbibed their presence in their readers' minds. Most of them are the true expressions from their authors' minds, which depict the sufferings, emotions, turbulences and reflection of their contemporary life and society. One such text is The Diary Of A Young Girl by Anne Frank.
As the name of the book suggests the narration of the story is in the form of a diary dated from 14/06/1942 to 21/10/1944.The narrator is none other than Anne Frank, a young girl stepping into the world of teenage. This book acquired apt attention due to the innocent, simple and true reflection of the life of Jews in the Nazi occupied Holland during the period of World War II.
Discovered in the attic, where she spent the last two years of her life, Anne Frank's diary is a powerful reminder of the horrors of World War II and an eloquent testament to the human spirit. Originally written in Dutch, the diary was translated to English by B.M.Mooyart-Doubleday with an introduction by Eleanor Roosevelt. Till date the diary makes an imprint in its readers' minds even when they open the first page.
Anne Frank addresses the diary to an imaginary friend called "Kitty". The young girl is not aware of the horrors of Nazi invasion during the initial days of her hiding in the attic. She finds the close and strict stay out in the attic will end soon and her family as well as their friends' family would return to the normal life that they had once enjoyed. Two years go on with this hope when Anne Frank develops her skills as a writer, understands the injustice in the society, feels the emotions of adolescence and finally her helplessness in the Nazi world. The readers experience the same disappointment as her family's hideout is betrayed to the Gestapo and a promise to the world is tragically cut short!
This diary, written with courage to tell the truth inevitably shows the constant fear and isolation of a group of people in the war affected areas. The degradation of the spirit of the Jews by the terrible circumstances created by the is well written in this book. Yet, this writing is noted for the depiction of shining human spirit who never gives up their struggle for a noble life despite the horrors and humiliation in their daily lives. I strongly recommend this text to anyone who has a gentle feeling towards humanity.