- News China defends raising Kashmir issue at UNSC to de-escalate India-Pakistan tensions
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Sports India Vs Australia: Manish Pandey takes a stunning one-handed catch at point to dismiss David Warner - Watch
- Technology How To Add Movies To Google's Watchlist
- Movies Major Fire Breaks Out On The Sets Of Shivarajkumar Starrer Bhajarangi 2
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The young shooter, who inspired India to win two more medals (bronze in wrestling and boxing) in the quadrennial event, was conferred with the Honorary Doctorate at the University's fourth convocation held at its campus in suburban Kattankulathur.
Governor Surjit Singh Barnala conferred the Doctorate to Bindra and Nair, who has made impressive strides in space at an impressive and colourful ceremony.
SRM University, the first educational Institute to honour Bindra with the doctorate, also presented a cash award of Rs five lakh, it had announced soon after he won the gold medal, in recognition of his achievement.
After the convocation, Bindra laid the foundation stone for a Sports Academy to be set up by the University to provide world class infrastructure to nurture sports talent.
The academy would have a synthetic eight-lane athletics track, world class shooting range, synthetic tennis courts, besides facilities for other sports like volleyball, basketball and badminton.