- 1 hr ago National Girl Child Day 2020: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- 1 hr ago Kangana Ranaut's Hairband Wouldn't Have Made Frida Kahlo Happy But Her Outfit Is Pretty
- 3 hrs ago Exclusive: Signs That You Are Dating A F**kboy, Let’s Hear It From Women!
- 4 hrs ago Here’s Why You Must Not Beg Your Partner To Stay In A Relationship
- Finance SBI Customers Can Make Payment Even Without Carrying Cash: This Is How
- News 10% quota to West UP candidates: Minister warns Jamia, JNU protesters
- Technology More Than 250 Million Users Exposed To Data Breach On Microsoft Servers
- Sports UFC Fight Night 166: Blaydes vs. dos Santos fight card, preview, India time and how to watch
- Movies Harvey Weinstein Rape Trial Begins, 2 Years After #MeToo First Took Place
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Born on 20 August 1944, Rajiv Gandhi served as the Prime Minister of India from 1984 to 1989. He was the 6th Prime Minister and the last member of the Nehru-Gandhi family to hold the post of Prime Minister of India.
Today on his 75th birth anniversary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. He tweeted saying, "Tributes to our former PM Shri Rajiv Gandhi on his birth anniversary".
On 21 May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a public meeting while campaigning in Tamil Nadu's Sriperumbudur for a Lok Sabha Congress candidate.
The Congress observes this day as 'Sadbhavna Divas'. Today, on Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary, here are some ground-breaking quotes of the former Prime Minister.
"Development is not about factories, dams and roads. Development is about people. The goal is material, cultural and spiritual fulfilment for the people. The human factor is of supreme value in development."
"Women are the social conscience of a country. They hold our societies together."
"Education must be a great equaliser in our society. It must be the tool to level the differences that our various social systems have created over the past thousands of years."
"Every person should take a lesson from history. We should understand that wherever there have been internal fights and conflicts in the country, the country has been weakened. Due to this, the danger from outside increases. The country has to pay a big price due to this type of weakness."
"For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls."
"If farmers become weak the country loses self-reliance but if they are strong, freedom also becomes strong. If we do not maintain our progress in agriculture, poverty cannot be eliminated from India. But our biggest poverty alleviation program is to improve the living standard of our farmers. The thrust of our poverty alleviation programs is on the uplift of the farmers."
"The terrorists are busy in and outside the country in such activities which are a danger to the unity and integrity of the country."
"When a big tree falls, the ground shakes."
"Our task today is to bring India to the threshold of the twenty-first century, free of burden of poverty, legacy of our colonial past, and capable of meeting the rising aspirations of our people."
"We must see that regional imbalances in the growth of various parties of the country are removed and all the states progress evenly. We shall ensure that all citizens of the country get full opportunity to contribute their might towards India's progress."