- 1 hr ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 4 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 4: Kushmanda Puja 2022 Date, Iconography, Rituals, And Mantra
- 13 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 3: Maa Chandraghanta Puja Date, Mantra and Rituals, And Significance
- News Uddhav vs Shinde again: Maharashtra Assembly Speaker to be elected today
- Sports Wimbledon 2022, July 3 Order of Play and Schedule: Live Streaming in India and TV Channel List
- Movies Mose Chhal Kiye Jaaye: Vidhi Has No Qualms Playing Mom On TV; She's Glad Her Character Is Etched Differently
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
- Automobiles India's 2nd Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae Roadster Delivered In Mumbai - Another Rare Fighting Bull Is Here
- Education AILET Result 2022 Declared At nationallawuniversitydelhi.in, Check Steps To Download Result Here
- Technology Xiaomi 12S Series To Get Eco-Friendly Leather Rear Panel; Expected Features, Specs
Every year India observes the National Girl Child Day on 24 January. The day is celebrated with the objective of supporting and providing several opportunities to the girl children of India. The observance is an initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development. This National Girl Child Day, we are here to tell you more about this day. Read on:
It was in 2008 when the Ministry of Women and Child Development initiated the National Girl Child Day to bring awareness about the gender-based discrimination widespread in society. The ministry was then headed by Renuka Chowdhury under Dr. Manmohan Singh's government. Over the years, the Government of India has taken various steps in order to educate people about the importance of girl education, health and nutrition. Due to this, various initiatives have been launched for improving the living condition of girl children. Some of these initiatives are Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Save the Girl Child and many more.
- Due to the growing female foeticide and infanticide in Indian society, the National Girl Child Day initiative was launched.
- Ban on sex determination of foetus was also imposed to control the female foeticide.
- The government started to give financial aid to couples who were blessed with a baby girl and also provided free primary education to the girls.
- One of the major aims of observing this day is to raise awareness about the rights of girl children and their education.
- The day aims to highlight the injustice against the girl child in Indian society and to promote their health and education.
- As a result of this, girls are offered scholarships for their outstanding performance during their school and college life.
- Universities and colleges now hold reservations for women to bridge the gender gap and eradicate the lack of quality education among girls and women across the country.
- Since the girl children often go through a dearth of exploitation such as foeticide, infanticide or sexual abuse, the day focuses on protecting girl children and improving their condition.
- Due to the several initiatives in favour of the girl child, the country has seen a good increment in the female education and health condition.
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- womenGirls In Tamil Nadu Government Schools To Get Rs 1,000 Per Month To Pursue Higher Education
- womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
- womenMarriageable Age Limit For Women May Be Raised To 21 Years In India
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child: UNICEF Celebrity Advocate Ayushmann Khurrana's Message To India
- womenExclusive: The Pandemic and Girls' Education - 11 Million Girls May Never Go Back To School And Here's Why
- parents and childrenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2020: Things You can Say To Empower Your Daughter
- womenCelebrating Girls For Life: Campaign For International Day of the Girl Child On October 11
- womenThis Project Aims To Celebrate The Father-Daughter Bond And Educate Girl Children
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2019: Best 'Save The Girl Child' Slogans And Sayings
- womenInternational Day of the Girl Child 2019: Importance of Educating The Girl Child In Indian Society