- 6 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 14 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- 17 hrs ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection Chakradhara By Warp N Weft And WWF India
- Sports CWG 2022: Indian women’s cricket team clinch silver in first-ever Games final as Aus bag gold with 9-run win
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 7 Highlights: Chetna Pande Gets Eliminated From The Show
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
Every year India observes the National Girl Child Day on 24 January. The day is celebrated with the objective of supporting and providing several opportunities to the girl children of India. The observance is an initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development. This National Girl Child Day, we are here to tell you more about this day. Read on:
It was in 2008 when the Ministry of Women and Child Development initiated the National Girl Child Day to bring awareness about the gender-based discrimination widespread in society. The ministry was then headed by Renuka Chowdhury under Dr. Manmohan Singh's government. Over the years, the Government of India has taken various steps in order to educate people about the importance of girl education, health and nutrition. Due to this, various initiatives have been launched for improving the living condition of girl children. Some of these initiatives are Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Save the Girl Child and many more.
- Due to the growing female foeticide and infanticide in Indian society, the National Girl Child Day initiative was launched.
- Ban on sex determination of foetus was also imposed to control the female foeticide.
- The government started to give financial aid to couples who were blessed with a baby girl and also provided free primary education to the girls.
- One of the major aims of observing this day is to raise awareness about the rights of girl children and their education.
- The day aims to highlight the injustice against the girl child in Indian society and to promote their health and education.
- As a result of this, girls are offered scholarships for their outstanding performance during their school and college life.
- Universities and colleges now hold reservations for women to bridge the gender gap and eradicate the lack of quality education among girls and women across the country.
- Since the girl children often go through a dearth of exploitation such as foeticide, infanticide or sexual abuse, the day focuses on protecting girl children and improving their condition.
- Due to the several initiatives in favour of the girl child, the country has seen a good increment in the female education and health condition.
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- womenGirls In Tamil Nadu Government Schools To Get Rs 1,000 Per Month To Pursue Higher Education
- womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
- womenMarriageable Age Limit For Women May Be Raised To 21 Years In India
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child: UNICEF Celebrity Advocate Ayushmann Khurrana's Message To India
- womenExclusive: The Pandemic and Girls' Education - 11 Million Girls May Never Go Back To School And Here's Why
- parents and childrenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2020: Things You can Say To Empower Your Daughter
- womenCelebrating Girls For Life: Campaign For International Day of the Girl Child On October 11
- womenThis Project Aims To Celebrate The Father-Daughter Bond And Educate Girl Children
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2019: Best 'Save The Girl Child' Slogans And Sayings
- womenInternational Day of the Girl Child 2019: Importance of Educating The Girl Child In Indian Society