- 1 min ago Why is Satyanarayana Puja important in Telugu Weddings?
- 8 min ago World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022: History, Significance And Theme
- 1 hr ago Trained Sniffer Dogs May Accurately Detect COVID Infected Airport Passengers: Study
- 2 hrs ago Happy Shani Jayanti 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- Education MGU CAT Admit Card 2022 Released At cat.mgu.ac.in, Download Hall Ticket Here
- Finance Stock To Buy: Buy This Oil & Gas Stock For 54% Upside, Dividend And Bonus Shares
- Sports Kane Williamson leaves Sunrisers Hyderabad bubble; Who will lead SRH against PBKS on May 22?
- Movies Divya Dutta Reveals She Was Apprehensive About Her Role In Veer-Zaara; Recalls Aditya Chopra's Words To Her
- News More engrossed with mobile phone: What Hardik Patel said while quitting Congress
- Automobiles Tata Motors Sales Report For April 2022
- Technology Website Trackers Are Saving Email, Password Even Before You Hit "Submit"
- Travel International Museum Day 2022: Best Museums In Bangalore
International Yoga Day is a yearly event that is observed on 21 June every year. The day coincides with the Summer Solstice every year. It was in 2015 when the celebration for Yoga Day first began. For those who don't know, International Yoga Day is a global event and the preparations begin 3-4 months prior to the day. Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read on.
In 2014, India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed to observe 21 June as the International Yoga Day. He made the proposal during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly. He referred to Yoga as an "invaluable gift of India's ancient tradition". The proposal was backed by 177 nations. In the same year, the United Nations mandated the day to be observed across the world.
Theme For International Yoga Day
The theme for International Yoga Day 2021 will be "Yoga For Well-Being". The theme seems quite relevant in these covid times. The theme has been decided for spreading awareness related to one's well-being and breaking the chain of coronavirus.
- People observe this day by participating in Yoga practice organised at a large scale.
- Several seminars and practice sessions are organised to make people aware of the benefits of Yoga.
- The reason behind choosing 21 June for this event was to mark the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. Since it is the longest day of the year and holds great significance in most parts of the world, PM Modi proposed to observe International Yoga Day on the same date.
- At present, people across the world have acknowledged the benefits of practicing yoga.
- These days, people are making careers in the field of Yoga and meditation.
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2021: Interesting Facts Related To Yoga That You May Not Be Knowing
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: 7 Yoga Poses For Relieving Stress
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: 6 Yoga Poses To Boost Your Immune System
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: 10 Diseases That Can Be Treated With Yoga
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: 13 Health Benefits Of Yoga That We Swear By
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: Bollywood Actors Who Love Doing Yoga
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: Effective Yoga Asanas And Poses For Cold And Flu
- skin care7 Pranayamas For Glowing Skin
- fashion trendsInternational Yoga Day 2021: Yoga Outfits Beyond Yoga Mats!
- body careInternational Yoga Day 2019: 10 Anti-Ageing Facial Yoga Exercises
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga