- 42 min ago Ways To Cultivate Gratitude In Time Of COVID-19 Pandemic
- 15 hrs ago World Breastfeeding Week 2021: Mothers Should Avoid Breastfeeding If They Have These Medical Conditions
- 15 hrs ago From Kangana Ranaut To Zendaya, Influencer Neel Ranaut Recreates Outfits Of The Divas
- 17 hrs ago Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Breastfeeding?
- Movies PSPK Rana Movie To Hit The Marquee On January 12, First Single On Its Way!
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Warholm sets stunning 400m hurdles world record, breaking 46-second barrier in gold run
- News Amidst COVID-19 surge, night curfew to be tightened in Bengaluru
- Finance Buy These 3 Stocks, India’s Top Broking House Sharekhan Says
- Technology Flipkart Independence Day Big Saving Days Sale: Offers On Smartphones, Electronics, Gadgets And More
- Education Tokyo Olympics: Meet Rani Rampal, Who Led Indian Hockey Team To Semis, Some Unknown Facts About Her
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
- Automobiles EV Charging Outlets At HP Petrol Stations — CESL Announces Partnership With HPCL
Every year the third Sunday in the month of June is observed as Father's Day. The day highlights the role played by fathers in a child's life. This year the date falls on 20 June 2021. Though the contributions and sacrifices made by fathers cannot be summed up in one day, the celebration is meant for expressing our gratitude to our fathers. Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down to read on.
It was in July 1958, when a mining mishap in the West Virginia, United States resulted in the death of hundreds of men. Out of the all men that died in that incident, a reverend too died. Grace Golden, the daughter of the dead reverend proposed observing a Sunday service for all those who lost their lives in that fatal accident.
A few later, a woman named Sonora Smart Dodd suggested observing Father's Day in the loving memory of her father William Jackson, a civil war veteran. He had raised Dodd and her five siblings as a single parent while going through a tough time. After completing her education, she started promoting Father's Day at a national level.
But Father's Day grew popular in 1972 after US President Richard Nixon signed a declaration. Since then Father's Day is observed on the third Sunday of June every year.
- Not every country observe Father's Day on the third Sunday of June.
- It is observed on different dates in different countries.
- In fact, in India, the day wasn't popular until it gained popularity a few years ago.
- On this day, people celebrate fatherhood and parental love.
- People observe this day by sending gifts to their fathers and doing things to thank him for giving selfless love.
- Children try to spend as much time as they can with their fathers.