- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- 14 hrs ago Can A Person Live With Dextrocardia? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments For This Rare Congenital Condition
- 15 hrs ago How To Care For Plants During The Monsoon Season: Here Are 5 Tips
- Finance Gold Price Slips Below $1800 As Global Commodities Take A Knock: Check India Rates
- Sports LPL 2022 Draft: Full list of Players Signed, Retained & Released Players List, Full Squads of all Teams
- Technology List Of Best Smartwatches With Calling Features To Buy In India
- News Kaali row: Canadian museum "deeply regrets" offence caused to Hindus
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Movies Chhavi Mittal Claps Back At Troll Who Said She's Trying To Gain Sympathy: I Didn’t Choose Cancer, It Chose Me
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
South Africa's first black President and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Nelson Mandela, dearly known as Madiba, was born on 18 July, 1918. In November 2009, the United Nations declared 18 July as Nelson Mandela International Day. Mandela Day was celebrated first time in the year 2010 to commemorate the life, work and legacies of this legend.
Not only in the history of South Africa, but he has also been regarded as an inspirational figure in every language and culture. His persevering fight for equality and democracy has motivated generations to act towards changing the world. As a result of his protests against the country's apartheid regime, he was sentenced to life imprisonment. He spent the first 18 years of his prison in the brutal Robben Island Prison.
Post his release, he focussed on eliminating discrimination and racism. His tireless pursuit of peace earned him the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993, followed by the historic event of being elected as South Africa's first black president, the next year.
Though Nelson Mandela is physically no more, his vision of a 'rainbow nation' is equally relevant today than ever before. His believes and ideology teach us the true essence of peace and humanity.
Here is a collection of his timeless quotes that will inspire you to believe in the life-changing power of the human mind.
1. "It always seems impossible until it's done."
2. "And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
3. "I Never lose. I either win or learn."
4. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
5. "After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb."
6. "A winner is a dreamer who never gives up."
7. "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
8. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
9. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
10. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
11. "Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."
12. "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
13. "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."
14. "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
15. "Man's goodness is a flame that can be hidden but never extinguished."
- menTribute To Archbishop Desmond Tutu, An Inspiration To A Broken Nation - South Africa
- menNelson Mandela's Birth Anniversary: Some Of His Inspiring Quotes To Share
- lifeInternational Nelson Mandela Day 2020: Quotes And Images That Will Inspire You
- lifeMandela Day: The Biography Of Nelson Mandela
- insyncNelson Mandela Thought Clarkson To Be An Astronaut
- art cultureAbdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize for Literature
- fashion trendsNobel Prize 2019: Abhijit Banerjee And Esther Duflo Make A Lasting Impact With Their Ethnic Outfits
- lifeNobel Winners 2019: Amul Honours Abhijit Banerjee And Esther Duflo With It's Doodle
- womenEsther Duflo Wins Her Nobel As An Economist And Not As Abhijit Banerjee's Wife
- pulseNobel Prize 2019: Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Awarded The Nobel Peace Prize
- insyncNobel Laureate, Rabindranath Tagore Honoured In China
- insyncThe Poetry Party At The White House!