- 37 min ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 9 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 9 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 11 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Visiting a place and learning about its history is something that most of us love to do. But what happens when you get to see some hanging coffins for real? Sounds crazy right? Well, such a place does exist in for real!
This is a place where you will find real hanging coffins and some of these coffins have been up there for even centuries!
Check out the details of the same!
The Place Is In The Philippines
Sagada is a unique town in the Philippines. The place is full of fascinating caves, majestic mountains, and breathtaking wilderness. One of the highlights of this place are the hanging coffins from the mountains. Some of these coffins are believed to be centuries old!
This Is An Ancient Practice
Suspending coffins are known to be an ancient practice. Hanging coffins have been a regular practice in several other countries like China, Indonesia etc.
This Strange Tradition Is Over 2000 Years Old
This strange tradition is believed to have been upheld for more than 2000 years now. It is believed there are more coffins hanging from these cliffs than what is visible. The coffins tend to fall off, and this gives space for new coffins to be attached.
The Youngsters Build Coffins In This Place
The youngsters step in to build coffins for their elders as a tradition.
If The Body Does Not Fit Then…
In cases where the person's body does not fit inside the coffin, then it is broken down at joints to fit it inside the coffin.
The Common Belief Behind Hanging Coffins
It is a common belief that hanging coffins are symbolic of the soul's association with heaven.
What do you think of this practice? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.