- 2 hrs ago Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago 9 Things People With Oily Skin Should Never Do
- 7 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows Us Her Evolved Fashion Sensibility With This Sculptural Gown At Cannes 2019
- 8 hrs ago Cannes Diary 2019: Diana Penty Sticks To The Roots With Her Impeccable Sculptural Sari
- Sports BREAKING NEWS: Kompany leaving Manchester City after 11 years
- News Violence, clashes mar polling yet again in Bengal, Supriyo blames Mamata
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections 10 Days: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues To Rake In The Moolah
- Technology How to hide and encrypt your files on any OnePlus smartphone using Lockbox
- Automobiles Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Each year Oxford dictionary releases a set of words declaring them to be the words that have had the most potential use regarding cultural significance and this year in 2018 the word has been released.
According to this year, the word "Toxic" is the winner of the Oxford Dictionary's word of the year 2018. This is the word which everyone could instantly relate to not only pertaining to the planet earth but to various other factors like toxic environment and a lot more.
8 more words have been shortlisted for the Oxford Dictionary's Word of the Year for 2018. Some of these words are surprisingly bold.
Go ahead and check these 9 words that have been shortlisted.
It means poisonous, it is related to or caused by poison; awful, unpleasant, or harmful.
This word is the winner of the Oxford Dictionary Word of the year 2018. Be it the political issues, or the #metoo movement or even spoiling the planet earth for mankind's profit, the word toxic is the most common word this year that anybody can relate to!
It means to manipulate a person by psychological means where they would doubt their own sanity or existence.
The word has been formerly reserved for the notebooks of psychotherapists this year. The manipulation of this word has been used in such a way that the victim often gets confused to the point where they no longer know what is real and what is not.
It means a group of young men who consider themselves to be unable to attract women sexually. They tend to hold views which are hostile towards men/women who are sexually active.
This word made the front-page news worldwide this April when a man named ‘Alek Minassian' had deliberately driven a van into pedestrians on a crowded Toronto street. He had killed 10 people and injured 14 others in this incident. He had posted on Facebook: "The Incel Rebellion has already begun!" before he went on the errand.
It means a strong and widespread negative reaction widely used to influence the large technology companies, which are based in Silicon Valley.
This word has been used in public voiced concerns over many industrial practices, that include questionable data privacy or disinformation that impacts the mental health of humans.
It is typically used in the United Kingdom, and it is used as a derogatory term for an older white man whose face becomes flushed when he becomes angry while expressing his political opinions.
In the food world, it also refers to pork meat and this year the word has been used in terms to cover the angry red face of the old white men of the middle class who are seen angrily debating on the news channels over their political views.
Big Dick Energy
It means an attitude of understated and even casual confidence.
The word is more favourable in its usage. It quickly became a viral term after a quick exchange on Twitter by celebrities.
It means you CAN have your CAKE and EAT it too!
The word has been used in the United Kingdom for entirety, and this year it has promptly become famous. It has been used as a co-opted critic term used in the political world.
It means an excessive number of tourists who visit a favourite destination or attraction. This results in damage to the local environment and historic sites.
The word has gained its fame after beaches and places had to be shut down to public use as they had been spoiled by the tourists over the years.
It means the action of abruptly withdrawing from direct communication with someone while still being monitored.
The word was coined by Anna Lovine in a blog to describe the actions of a man she met on Tinder, and since then the netizens are religiously using this word.