- just now Daily Horoscope: 19 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 13 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Some people are born lucky as they get a second chance to live. This is one such case of a lucky man who had tried killing himself with a gunshot and was left with a disfigured face and with a face transplant he plans on getting back to a normal life.
Check out the details of this unique case of a man who was depressed and one silly decision of ending his life that changed his entire life!
The story of the man who got a face transplant.
The Depressed Man
Cameron Underwood woke up with most of his face being destroyed. From nose, jaw, and teeth it was all destroyed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He shot himself while he was battling with depression.
He Can Smile Again
Underwood's struggle with coping up with the deformed face was harder, and the medics had been trying to get the man's face back with multiple surgeries. All thanks to a 25-hour face transplant operation he can once again smile, eat, and speak.
Cameron Underwood’s Mother Had Registered Him At A Face Transplant Unit
When doctors told Cameron Underwood's mother he might not survive, he proved them wrong; his mother knew he was a fighter and to help him in his recovery she got him registered at a Face Transplant Unit at NYU Langone Medical Center.
About The Donor
After months of wait, they got a call from the hospital and were informed about a donor named Will Fisher. Will Fisher was a registered donor and he was 'a budding New York City writer and a filmmaker' who studied at Johns Hopkins University. He had died after he had a battle with mental illness.
The Surgery Was A Success
The 25-hour face transplant operation was a great success as Cameron had a mouth and teeth again. However, it had taken some time for him to adjust to the new face and facial motions and expressions.
Cameron Is A Happy Man Now
Now Cameron is quite happy that he does not have to wear a mask all the time as he can lead a regular life without wearing a mask. He looks forward to leading a new life and also claims that he does not miss his old face.
What do you think of this case? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.