As the nation mourns the death of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, we share some of the lesser-known facts about the legend.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee's personality not only won the hearts of all his countrymen but also his opponents. He had won India's Bharat Ratna in 2015.
Here in this article, we are revealing some of the lesser-known facts about his life.
He was born on December 25, 1924. He served as India's Prime Minister for the first time for a term of 13 days in 1996, and after that from 1998 to 2004. According to reports, he is the only non-Congress prime minister who has completed the full term of five years, from 1999 to 2004.
Nehru Had Predicted His Political Growth
According to reports, Jawaharlal Nehru had noticed the oratory skills of Mr Vajpayee to a great extent & he believed that he would become the Prime Minister of India and it did happen!
Mr Vajpayee served as India's prime minister for the first time for a term of 13 days in 1996. After this from 1998 to 2004. He is the only Parliamentarian who has been elected from 4 different states, which were Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Delhi.
His Political Growth
During the span of his political career, he was elected to the Lok Sabha ten times and twice to the Rajya Sabha. Apart from this, he was also the first person to deliver a speech in Hindi in the UN General Assembly.
His Retirement From Politics
In the year 2005, he retired from politics. He was also conferred with the Bharat Ratna, which is the country's highest civilian award, by the then President Pranab Mukherjee in 2015.
His birthday is on the 25th of December and this day has been declared as the 'Good Governance Day' by the NDA. He was also honoured with the Padma Vibhushana in 1992. Apart from this, he was also awarded the Best Parliamentarian award in 1994 & Bharat Ratna in 2014.
Seeing his great work, we wish India has more leaders like him! Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown