- 14 min ago Shardiya Navratri 2022 Horoscope: Astrological Predictions For All 12 Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 25 September To 01 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 25 September 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
- News China cancels over 9,000 flights across country for unknown reason
- Finance This Multibagger Chemical Company's Share Rallies 56% In 1 Month, Issues 1:1 Bonus Share
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs TVS Ronin - Design, Features, Powertrain, Price & More
- Sports Mexico 1-0 Peru: Lozano nets late winner as El Tri ramp up World Cup preparations
- Technology Shopping This Festive Season? Check Out These Apps to Compare, Find Best Price for Your Product
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Rubina Dilaik, Divyanka & Other Actors Who Rejected Top Shows Like YRKKH, BALH 2 & Others
- Education IIT Bombay continues to remain the top choice for JEE Advanced 2022 toppers
- Travel Mount Cook: Highest Peak In New Zealand
Death is inevitable, and when legends die, the world mourns and so do we. Also, today, we here at Boldsky are mourning the end of the great politician of Tamil Nadu, M Karunanidhi who passed away at the age of 94 today.
While people are going berserk about the legend's death, here we bring in some of the insights of his lifestyle which made him the most loved and influential politician.
He Was Born On
He was born on June 3, 1924, in the town of Thirukkuvalai, which was around 300 km from Chennai. M Karunanidhi was also known as 'Kalaignar.' He has had numerous accomplishments and achievements during his 94 years of living.
He Failed During His Schooling Time
DMK head Karunanidhi as a child had not cleared his regular tenth exams. He had started his profession as a screenwriter in the Tamil film industry. With a movie named 'Parasakthi', his political ideas were made known to the world. He started working as a scriptwriter for Jupiter Pictures.
His Political Career
He was just a 14-year-old boy when he participated in political activities, He was an activist in the anti-Hindi agitation during the late 1930s after which he became the voice of the surging Dravidian movement that was led by 'Periyar' EV Ramasami, CN Annadurai 'Anna', and many other politicians.
He Started The First Student Wing
Karunanidhi was not a regular youngster as he proved to be a smart, intelligent man in everything that he did. He began a student organisation and named it 'Tamil Nadu Tamil Manavar Mandram'. It is said to be the first student wing of the Dravidian Movement. He had later started a newspaper named 'Murasoli' for the student community as well.
He Became The 1st CM During...
Karunanidhi became the first Chief Minister on February 10, 1967, after the death of DMK founder C.N. Annadurai.
His Political Life
He was said to be a five-time Chief Minister, and he was also a thirteen-time MLA since 1957. According to reports, he never lost any of the elections that he had contested. Days before his death, he completed 49 years as DMK chief.
His Other Interests
Apart from writing for films, Karunanidhi was a man with blessings as he wrote poems, letters, novels, biographies, apart from historical novels, and even movie songs!
- wellnessEvery Seven Years Comes With A New Life Challenge: What Happens To Us During These Phases?
- life12 Reasons Why You Need To Leave Behind The Grudges
- life9 Things That You Can Say To People Before It’s Too Late
- life10 Perks Of Staying Single That You Need To Know
- lifeWhat Motivates You? 6 Tips To Figure Out Your Motivation In Life
- lifeKnow What Is Guilt, Reasons Behind It And Ways To Stop Feeling Guilty
- life10 Things That Can Stop You From Achieving Your Goals
- lifeSelf-Loathing: 5 Reasons That Can Trigger Self Hate
- life16 Golden Rules To Make Your Life Happier, Peaceful And Meaningful
- lifeSimple Acts Of Kindness That Can Have A Big Impact In Your Life
- life7 Reasons Why You Need To Stop Comparing Yourself With Others
- beyond love8 Subtle Signs That Will Tell You If Your Partner Is A Creep